Home General They Can Dream

They Can Dream

I wish I could run

Like I see everyone at recess do

I wish I could fly with them

Become my own

But with someone else

I have friends

But I couldn’t tell them

Because I don’t want to hurt them

Everyone else dreams

But I figure

That they’ll wake up one day

Mayber they’ll be happy to have woken up

Maybe not

I know that dreaming isn’t bad

In fact if I could dream

I might be happy

They can dream

And I will too

One day when I run free

I will dream

I think that I could make it

If only someone looked to me

For hope

So that I didn’t feel so useless

I guess I might be able to run one day

But when will that be?

Maybe the day someone looks to me

77evergone77 4/26/2010 - 10:41 pm

I look to you. And I’m sure there are others who do too. You are far from useless.

charlotte_intheskywithdiamonds 4/27/2010 - 7:04 am

thank you it’s hard to believe that sometimes

77evergone77 4/27/2010 - 4:56 pm

I hope you can come to fully believe it. I’m sure there are many who would miss you if you were gone. I would.

charlotte_intheskywithdiamonds 4/27/2010 - 10:05 pm

Thanks. And guess what?!! One week til my legs are back!!!Yay!

77evergone77 4/27/2010 - 11:03 pm

Congrats :P. I’m reAlly happy for you! You deserve your legs

charlotte_intheskywithdiamonds 4/28/2010 - 7:09 am

yeah it’ll be great but ill still have to take mdeicationbut better than not having legs

77evergone77 4/28/2010 - 7:30 am

I agree. I sometimes do track in order to avoid going home for a little longer. So i woild really hate having no legs but i once went pretty close when i cut them up too much. I still see you as to strong to be beaten by lymes. You should live.

charlotte_intheskywithdiamonds 4/28/2010 - 3:51 pm

Yeah i wrote yet another poem called “This stupid game” or something like that could you look at and tell me what you think?If you could get other people to look at and tell me their opinions that would be nice. Sorry if you don’t want to do it then you don’t have to. Sorry. How bad is home that you try to stay away?Do you have any siblings?

77evergone77 4/28/2010 - 4:50 pm

Yes. I have one sibling inte house. She is my sister, and she is the devils advocate. Maybe even worse. She’s made my life he’ll and even after my cutting secret came out she continued to enjoy the idea of how she could make me cry. My mom loves me. I know. But it’s sometimes hard to tell through all the lectures and insults and comments she makes about me and my choices. She glares at me whenever I scratch (I had a cuple of times where I couldn’t cut so I scratched till I bled) and comments regularly on my appearance and weight and figure (not overweight but still a bit thick). My dad on the other hand is rarely here. He babys me and knows nothing about me.
And I understand what you mean in how u want people to comment on your post there are a cuple times I havnt really sed anything about where no one commented so I stupidly assumed thy no one cared and angrily deleted it. I’m not sure what I could do though. I think it’s a great poem. I just finished one very similar to my cancer peom that I might post. I’m not sure.

77evergone77 4/28/2010 - 4:50 pm

Woah. That was a lot. Haha

charlotte_intheskywithdiamonds 4/28/2010 - 5:14 pm

You should post the poem if you did i would definitely comment. Isnt weird to think that some of these people are gone from the site because they’re dead?

charlotte_intheskywithdiamonds 4/28/2010 - 5:15 pm

Omg so sorry to say that. I didn’t mean to be insulting or make anyone angry or more depressed. So sorry.

77evergone77 4/28/2010 - 5:27 pm

It’s okay. And yes it is weird. It makes me sad to think of how amazing these people are and how they’ve been pushed tothis point. And sure I will. But I don’t think the poems any good. I wrote it during recess.