Home General Delusionless

Delusionless

by Firepith

I’ve come to see existence for what it is, and it’s made me feel tired. Death or not, life is pointless. All that we do serves only to perpetuate our species for it’s own sake. Everything is either a lie or a distraction. Without the superficial activities, conversations, feelings, and thoughts we have, there is nothing. What are we working toward, really? Even if we were gods, we would eventually run out of things to do or learn. Even a simple person like me can see that the universe does not need us or care that we are here. There is no higher purpose. We are no different than ants, or viruses. Knowing this, I feel empty in everything that I do. I have no goal because there is no goal worth having. I, like everyone else, am simply here because I was born, and am fated to die. After that, I will be forgotten in time. I might as well not even exist. I don’t care about humanity or the effect I will have on it. Either our race will be destroyed someday, or we will rise to become bored, miserable immortals. That is the truth. I only hold on because of my family, and some days that is just not enough. I am certain that one of these days I will wake up and feel nothing, and there will be nothing left to stop me. It doesn’t matter anyway. Nothing ever really did.

alluvion 10/1/2010 - 12:18 pm

Life is only pointless if you believe your existence ends at death.

Firepith 10/1/2010 - 12:23 pm

alluvion, there is no reason to think that it doesn’t. The very idea of an afterlife was invented by people who couldn’t accept death as the end. It’s an unverifiable point, but as far as we know, the mind originates in the brain, which dies with the body. Souls and afterlives are fiction we made up. I’m not betting on some vain hope in the unknown. And I can’t make myself believe in that stuff. I just don’t.

alluvion 10/1/2010 - 12:28 pm

I believe in science, and paranormal science has proven the ‘energy’ of consciousness exists after death. I will post a link after this reply. Posts with links are delayed though.

Shelly 10/1/2010 - 12:35 pm

There is no intrinsic meaning, purpose or point to life other than what you choose to give it. The meaning But if we can’t find meaning in life then it’s sadly, more a reflection on us as individuals…

alluvion 10/1/2010 - 12:35 pm

The same people said that “nothing heavier then air will ever fly” or “the world is flat because that’s all I can see”. Can a particle here not affect one on the other side of the universe instantaneously? Can particles not become waves simply by observing them with your consciousness?

Quantum physics has been spectacularly successful in verifying what eastern mystics have known for 2500 years. It is not our brain that gives rise to our consciousness, instead it is our consciousness, or mind, that creates everything that seems so real to us.

Shelly 10/1/2010 - 12:36 pm

sorry for the typo!!

Firepith 10/1/2010 - 12:37 pm

LOL you can stop right there. Even if that weren’t crackpot science, there’s no reason for me to care. Maybe I should kill myself even faster just to see what happens after I die? I certainly have no fear.

Firepith 10/1/2010 - 12:39 pm

Quite right, Shelly. Unfortunately, my individual self has already broken down it’s own reflection into the simplest parts. I am insignificant.

alluvion 10/1/2010 - 12:42 pm

Everyone has fear. Courage comes from overcoming your fear. If you have no fear, then you have no courage either. If you are calling proven fact crackpot science, your own ignorance and disbelief is the source of your despair.

Firepith 10/1/2010 - 12:47 pm

Fine. Show me this proven fact. It won’t change anything though. Great, there’s an afterlife. What is it like alluvion? Can you tell me? Maybe I should just find out?

No, my ignorance and disbelief is not the source. I am in despair because there is no objective reason to live. I grew up being raised to believe I was going to heaven. I don’t believe it anymore, but that doctrine did teach me to look beyond my own life to the ultimate. There is a vast universe of hot and cold, and we cannot do much more than try to look at it. Like I said though, what are we even working toward? Take away your so-called courage, and what do you have? Just another vapid short life.

alluvion 10/1/2010 - 1:00 pm

I’m meeting someone for lunch soon, so I need to make this brief. When you say “Show me the facts” and then say “it won’t change any thing” and that your “disbelief” is not the problem, it makes the whole thing moot don’t you think?

I could serve you everything on a silver platter and you still wouldn’t believe. I’ve actually tried doing that to similar effect with many people on this forum and I’ve learned one thing; People will always believe what they want to believe. You’ve decided you want to be miserable and have made it very clear you won’t believe anything to the contrary. I recommend going deep into past posts on this forum; Perhaps you’ll find comfort in knowing your not alone in your suffering.

What you are really looking for is for someone to care; And we do care! People die on this forum every week. So forgive me if I can seem cold. You need to decide what path you’re going to take.

Firepith 10/1/2010 - 1:04 pm

I already have people that care. That isn’t the problem.

I didn’t say I wouldn’t believe facts. Post them! All I’m saying is there being an afterlife doesn’t change the pointlessness of this one. Or are you going to hock your flavor of god on me? You can’t prove god, you know. Tell me, what is the point of existing?

See, unless someone can convince me otherwise, I’m pretty sure the path I’m going to take is suicide.

alluvion 10/1/2010 - 1:08 pm

You already called some of my examples crackpot science. You wouldn’t even understand my facts.

nishu 10/1/2010 - 1:27 pm

firepith , there is definitely no point in existence if you say it isn’t it.
but there surely is if you have just got out of the bed with ur lover with a meeting to attend to that concerns with thing ur interested in.
think about that.

tell me things that interest you and we’ll see how the argument changes.

tattoo400 10/1/2010 - 1:30 pm

The whole point to this life is to get as much enjoyment out of it as you can. If life deals you a shitty hand (as in my case) you have to try to get past it and find what makes you smile or laugh. Once there is nothing left to be happy about…..then and only then is when one must pull the trigger on the gun of self deliverance.

nishu 10/1/2010 - 1:39 pm

there is no need to kill urself immediately.
collect all your money, prepare the ‘surefire way to die’
and then go out there and do what you always wanted to do.
and don’t think about dying anymore.

Firepith 10/1/2010 - 2:37 pm

alluvion, you misunderstand. What I’ve read so far on the subject has been crackpot science. Show me something I haven’t seen.

Nishu, my interests are there, and so is my wife. I certainly enjoy those things. But it is outweighed by the implications of death. I won’t remember any of it once I’m dead.

tattoo400, the trouble is that where I stand now, there is nothing to be happy about. Nothing that isn’t totally negated by the fact that I and my entire family will die and not be around to remember any of it.