Home General What’s your music?

What’s your music?

by porphyrous

I believe that our choice of music is very much a reflection of our souls.  I’m a bit older than average amongst the people here.  I feel fortunate to have come of age during one of the best musical booms in American history, New Wave, and its technological red-headed step child, synthpop.  I’ve always been musically inclined, and I found I had a strong affinity for the pasty white boys standing behind keyboards pushing buttons in order to “play live”.  My all-time favorite band is Erasure, whose popularity in America peaked when I was in college, but I frequently “worship” the “Holy Trinity”: Erasure, Depeche Mode, and Pet Shop Boys.  Ironic that in spite of my lifelong struggle with anxiety and depression that I would be drawn to the most positive and uplifting of the three.

Right now I’m listening to the station I created on Pandora.  http://www.pandora.com/#!/stations/edit/338072436794713920 What do you listen to, and why?

Trix 1/22/2012 - 12:53 pm

My favourite band is Sigur Rós. Their music is beautiful 🙂

Protoryu 1/22/2012 - 12:53 pm

Alternative for me…

Favorite bands are
Taking Back Sunday
AFI
Brand New
Straylight Run
The Used

I can just relate to much of the lyrics to many of the songs.

Im Fine 1/22/2012 - 1:01 pm

I like lots of different music, including the three you mentioned in your post. Of those, my favourite is Depeche Mode. If you like them, you may like a band called ‘Hurts’. Just a suggestion.

Duke of Marmalade 1/22/2012 - 1:03 pm

The kooks first album was good but they havnt really produced anything since.

farmerstrong13 1/22/2012 - 2:10 pm

I like country music, usually sad, meaningful songs like “More Than A Memory” by Garth Brooks, “I Still Miss You” by Keith Anderson, and “If Heaven Wasn’t So Far Away” by Justin Moore.

Shadows 1/22/2012 - 2:41 pm

I have one name for you Evanescence.

我愛羅, Gaara 1/22/2012 - 8:58 pm

METAL, (including all of metal’s existing sub-genres/languages) because the music is powerful, insightful, and diverse.

WhatAmIDoingHere 1/23/2012 - 4:37 pm

Music, it really depends on what mood I am in. Might be listening to anything from Country to Metal. I guess for the most part I am still stuck with the music I listened to in high school. Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Offspring, Bad Religion, Pearl Jam, Metallica, etc, current favorite seems to be Mumford and Sons, love their album I find myself listening to their song Timshel several times a day.