Home General A Note To All Of You

A Note To All Of You

by Andy2112

Please do not report me and get me taken into the mental hospital. I just spent 49 days and nights in the hospital over the summer and I had to self-catheterize on the psych ward in very unsanitary conditions. I contracted an infection immediately and had to struggle to get Cipro to treat the infection. This is my dilemma: I want to go to the hospital for the company of people, but it is risky for my physical health.

heartcore 11/30/2012 - 3:32 pm

If you could only travel to a big city long term care facility (not just for old folks, you know)… and if you could afford the costs… I would suggest you prepare for that.

PennyroyalTea 11/30/2012 - 3:33 pm

You can get company of the people somewhere else, where you won’t be afraid of a psychotic-suicide break.

heartcore 11/30/2012 - 3:33 pm

just make sure you sign a document that allows you to leave the facility on your own…

Andy2112 11/30/2012 - 3:50 pm

I cannot afford costs myself, heartcore, but your suggestion has been on my mind, thanks. And PennyroyalTea, I am not afraid of a psychotic break, the best moments of my life were during what you might term ‘psychosis’. I go to a support group but it is not enough and though I cherish the connection, I end feeling even more disconnected when we part. I also was going to a Wellness Center but the people there were so overmedicated and low-functioning, it was difficult for me to connect. I still will go there because just being around human beings sometimes helps.

Andy2112 11/30/2012 - 3:56 pm

Relatives brought catheters to me while I was recently hospitalized, but it was such a battle with terrible inhumane staff members who had my catheters and when I would need to drain my bladder I would ask a staff member for a catheter and instead of just going into the med room to give it me, they would say, “Who is your nurse? Ask your assigned nurse.” But my assigned nurse had left the ward. Perhaps you do not understand the brutality of so many individuals who chose to work with the mentally ill at mental institutions–many of them enjoy venting their very own life frustration upon their helpless charges.

Andy2112 11/30/2012 - 3:56 pm

*choose

Amakua2309 11/30/2012 - 5:47 pm

ohhhh Andy,

No one is going to report you…for what…aren’t you an adult? And who would we report to…as you can see…we can have comments removed, posts removed, people removed…but that is to protect everyone. No one will report you if you off yourself in front of us…but if you are harming others…ie. children…then we gunna have a problem. Other than that…it’s your life. Would we try to talk you out of it? Damn straight. Don’t be going and getting all paranoid on me…it has just been a rough 2 days…as I said yesterday…that was the first time I reported a post…pretty much anything goes here…so relax. Oh yeah…if you say you are gonna take a semi-automatic to McDonald’s …we might have a problem with that too….are we okay there?…hahaha

Just inbetween dates myself…what have you been up to today?

Ama

Andy2112 11/30/2012 - 5:56 pm

I am a peaceful nonviolent individual no matter what the record might state to the contrary, Ama, and I am very good with children. As for what I’ve been up to today, pacing, contemplating when my mind returns, sharing a little here, forcing myself to eat when I am not hungry, like eating cardboard, and I must force myself to shave and shower, not for lack of energy, but because I just don’t care. Right now I am going to make a sandwich.

Amakua2309 11/30/2012 - 6:04 pm

MMMMM…I like sandwiches…hmmm? What kind of sandwich?…lol

That reminds me…I should feed my kid…nice mother eh?…but the kid is 16 so it’s okay to mess with her…hahahaha Happy to hear you smell better….even if you don’t feel better…hahaha…I showered myself today…YEAH

The world is now a fresher place
Ama