Home Poetry & Art It’s just a ride (2 minutes)

It’s just a ride (2 minutes)

by flatus

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they’ve begun to question “Is this real, or is this just a ride?”

Other people have remembered, and they’ve come back to us and they say “Hey don’t worry. Don’t be afraid (ever) because this is just a ride.”

So we.. Kill those people.
“Shut him up.
We have a lot invested in this ride.
SHUT HIM UP!
Look at my furrows of worry.
Look at my big bank account, and my family.
This just has to be real.”

It’s just a ride.

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 2:44 pm

I just read Bill Hick’s bio. Apparently (the band) Tool borrowed his “Arizona Bay” routine for the song “Aenema”. That’s where California falls off into the ocean and Arizona becomes beach front property. – Learn to swim- At least the band credits Hicks. It’s really hard to be original. Have you ever applied for a personalized license plate? So many of the great ones have already been taken. It requires a lot of thought to come up with something that nobody else has thought of.
I actually put a .22 LR round through two license plates that were stacked together. I wanted to see if a .22 round could penetrate the two plates. It can. – Random observation, that’s what comes to mind now when I think of personalized license plates.

coitus 6/9/2013 - 3:00 pm

Cosmic you’re revealing yet mysterious. You must be part tomboy if you’re plinking away at license plates and recall what caliber penetrated. Then you say you’re drunk half the time. Still my mind draws a blank. What happened to you, why are you sad?

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 3:13 pm

I’m not sad. I’m just not convinced that existence is better than non-existence. There’s nothing tethering me to this planet. I have very few attachments, responsibilities, goals, dreams, desires, etc. The prospect of a deep dreamless sleep that lasts forever doesn’t sound any worse than another few decades of what I’ve been doing.
In the interest of full disclosure, I should probably mention that I’m not a female.

Exit to Nowhere 6/9/2013 - 3:18 pm

What. your not female!!! Shocking.

Have you ever heard Cosmic Girl by Jamiroquai. I always imagine that would be perfect for you.

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 3:27 pm

huh. I remember Jamiroquai. That guy wore those Russian looking hats. I’ll look it up later.
As a kid we had an Afghan hound named Duke. He was named after John Wayne. That’s who you remind me of. One of your former monikers, anyway.

Exit to Nowhere 6/9/2013 - 3:32 pm

No matter what I do, I’m still the same person which is probably why you can identify me Sherlock.

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 3:40 pm

Hahaha. That’s not a bad thing, Exit. You could take it as a compliment, you know. The fact that you have a signature style, a ‘voice’ that differentiates you from the pack isn’t a bad thing at all. Would you rather be an automaton? A drone? Another random character lost in a sea of faces? You have no choice – you can only be you, and you seem alright to at least a couple of people.

coitus 6/9/2013 - 3:40 pm

LOL I’m with Exit to Nowhere, dayum Cosmic I thought you were a chick. I’m shocked as well. Sure your avatar looks like a ball-less penis with wings, but still. Ah well wonders never cease.

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 3:42 pm

Hmm. I probably read too much Ayn Rand as a kid. Or maybe Neil Peart lyrics, who knows.

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 3:47 pm

funny you say that, coitus. Someone else on this site said my avatar looks like a flying dildo. hehe.
It’s weird how people might sound male or female when they type. I’ve been wrong numerous times as well, where I incorrectly identify a posters gender. So apparently I sound like a chick. Oh well. I’ve always had a deep respect for lesbians, maybe I was one in a past life and my mode of expression is a hold over from a bygone era.

coitus 6/9/2013 - 3:51 pm

Welp at least there’s one chick in this motley crew. It’s okay we’re each dudes. Noonoo12 covers multiple demographics so most everyone’s represented.

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 3:54 pm

Right on. Sausage festivals don’t make for a great party (unless you’re into that sort of thing). You sound like a guy, by the way. There was never any doubt about that on this end of the screen.

Exit to Nowhere 6/9/2013 - 3:59 pm

^
You don’t find any of this a little awkward.

I’m just pleased that I’ve been vindicated after all these years and Cosmic Blip is hardly a feminine chat name.

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 4:10 pm

Awkward? Nah. Revealing how I took a leak into my sock a few nights ago because I was half asleep, drunk, and was having a dream where I was standing at a urinal would be awkward. Talking about suicide is a much more comfortable, pleasant topic of conversation. 🙂
Have you ever noticed how smiley faces never make a statement funnier? The same is true of LOL. It doesn’t help add to the comedic value. Lol.

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 4:12 pm

Oh wow. Do you spell grrl that way as an homage to the Riot Grrl movement?

Exit to Nowhere 6/9/2013 - 4:13 pm

I was thinking of getting LOLH credited to you in the online urban dictionary and recounting the funny tale of how the acronym came into existence.

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 4:25 pm

That’s very kind of you, but not necessary. If you’d like to take credit for it I wouldn’t object. We sort of brainstormed that one if memory serves correct.
What’s the status of your ****** site? I lost the link to it. It disappeared, possibly because I haven’t been there in a while.
I’ll be back later. I’m going to go get a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and some beer. Gotta do laundry, too, and I haven’t shaved in a week. I look like a philosopher – even though wearing a beard doesn’t make a person a philosopher.
Lol. Just kidding. Not really. Lolh. BBL

coitus 6/9/2013 - 4:25 pm

Whoops I forget noonoo12 is at such a tender age. My bad. Looking around at the crowd it’s slim pickens and the crowd does have a way of thinning gradually. Ah well Lord of the Flies it is, I suppose.

Exit to Nowhere 6/9/2013 - 4:31 pm

Err… Suicide Racing (the official chat) is now defunct. Surprisingly, it was never that popular.

Indeed, Barba non facit philosophum.

Enjoy your sandwich.

coitus 6/9/2013 - 4:42 pm

Cosmic were you going by lucy4 a while back?

Cosmic Blip 6/9/2013 - 7:16 pm

I can neither confirm nor deny that allegation.
Filled up the Jetta today. That car averages 23.9 MPG with almost exclusive city driving. Stop and go traffic, and Das Auto gets better gas mileage than any other 4 wheeled vehicle I’ve ever owned. (Motorcycles can get up to 50 MPG). I prefer American made V-8’s, but they are gas hogs.
Got a ham and cheese sandwich plus a 12 pack of beer. The neighbor girl said hi to me. She’s never spoken to me before. I was wearing my lucky hat – that must’ve been what did it.
I’ve had sexual intercourse with Caucasians, Asians, Mexicans, and even a Native American once. Never had a Black woman though. I’m not a player or any type of Cassanova, things have just worked out the way that they have (for whatever reason). I don’t have a specific type, I’m pretty equal opportunity. I would like to dance the horizontal mambo with a sister though at least once before a die. By sister I’m not referring to a family member.
There are all sorts of videos on youtube chronicling the penetrative power of a .22LR. Considered a ‘rodent killer’ by many, the tiny little .22 is still capable of inflicting a mortal wound. I had a .357, but it was stolen from me by the local crackhead. This kid waited for me to go to work, then he broke in and stole the gun. (I use to live in ‘the ghetto by the sea’. Rent was cheap, I was 2 blocks from the ocean, but the place was crawling with gangster wannabes).
There is a lot of random chattery occurring here, coitus. No offense. It’s your thread, you can delete this babble if you want to.