I’m not looking for advice at all since I have zero motivation to improve my lot in life. I’m merely writing this to ***** and vent and commiserate with any potential like-minded souls that might feel the same way while I’m still here.
- Sexual frustration. I have had sex, but that was over ten years! ago, and I never had a real girlfriend. On a side note: My last, all-too-brief positive experience with the opposite sex did motivate me to try harder and made showing up at work (back when I was employed) far easier. I never had so much energy in my life!, especially on a job. That was the first and last time I willingly worked overtime. But once things ended, working became as miserable and painful as it was before. In fact, it was even worse, because I was pretty depressed after things ended. All this is to say that if I had a girlfriend, a fuck buddy, whatever, maybe I’d be more motivated to give a damn, but since my situation precludes having a girlfriend, a fuck buddy, or any kind of physical contact with an appealing member of the opposite sex, I have no motivation to improve my lot.
- Health problems. I suspect I might have some type of bowel cancer, but with no money and no insurance there’s nothing I can do about it.
- Limited opportunities for fun, exciting, new life experiences, like travel, since I can’t afford anything.
- Myriad inconveniences and set-backs. E.g., I have had some major hardware failures that I couldn’t get replaced or fixed because I have no money.
- Isolation. No friends. It’s hard to have a social life when you have no money to go out and do stuff, and no motivation. No one else can relate and I can’t really relate to anyone. Most people are too healthy and well-adjusted and motivated for me to really relate to except in the most compartmentalized way. E.g., I can talk about movies with someone if we share similar tastes in movies, but would otherwise probably have nothing else in common with that person. In the service of full-disclosure I am rather asocial by nature, so out of all my many problems, this one is the least of them.