Home General ghosts love company

ghosts love company

by khajiit

sometimes I drive down the alleyways you used to show me in your sleep, I hear your phantom laugh at jokes already made and I hear you point out the shimmering stars that flicker above us. I want to follow you, but you always rush ahead of me, your stride a choreography of eloquence, the way you maneuver on the rubbery dirt with the fluidity of wind, your arms outstretched, your delicate fingers open, your body dancing with your elegant gallop. Your long hair flows gracefully in the warm, summer breeze, swirling around the curves of your face and dipping into the steep of your cheekbones. we lay under the oak tree we used to sing ourselves to sleep under, we find violets and roses and bedeck ourselves in crowns of ephemeral jewels. you’re always bounding, leaping, even if not physically, twisting in the air in a captivating spiral, leaving me breathless with your beautiful magnificence. no matter the intimacy in our fabricated world, your apparition avoids me, slipping from my touch, ebbing through my fingers like grasped water and forgotten dreams. when the sun is scooped into the air and your silhouette fades you always tell me you’ll come back, that I’ll see you again, but why do I always come back to your empty forest?

5 seconds of stendarr 12/4/2014 - 12:13 pm

this is dedicated to my mom

5 seconds of stendarr 12/4/2014 - 12:13 pm

jk

still love you mom, you just need to work on your dancing before I write about how majestic you are, doing squats is not a dance sorry

5 seconds of stendarr 12/4/2014 - 12:18 pm

especially when you do it in the kitchen yikes

Morris 12/4/2014 - 12:36 pm

I checked out the New England Patriots website yesterday and learned that the team flew out to San Diego after the Green Bay game. The Patriots are spending a week in San Diego before their game against the Chargers this Sunday at 5:30 PM Pacific Standard Time at Quaalcom Stadium.
I thought that was interesting. Where did/will the Pats practice? Do they practice in the rain? Why’d they spend a whole week in SD? Think I’ll bump into Tom Brady at the breakfast burrito eatery?

killswitchon 12/4/2014 - 12:57 pm

your writing is incredible. keep at it girl

theWhispersOfMySins 12/4/2014 - 2:15 pm

Love reading things you write. When you become a famous author you won’t forget us here now will ya? :p Seriously, you could make a living with writing.

5 seconds of stendarr 12/4/2014 - 2:34 pm

thanks so much you guys, honestly

theWhispersOfMySins 12/4/2014 - 2:39 pm

You can thank us by giving us signed copies of your first best seller please. Just saying.

xanadu 12/5/2014 - 8:26 am

Really expressive writing – melikes.

But that last line makes me think – why do people always think empty woods are eerie, creepy, etc? I think it’s because there are no people there, so nothing talks, nothing thinks, everything just sways in the atmosphere and grows. Not to mention the fact that trees live for a really long time. They’ve just rooted themselves to one spot and only move upwards and downwards and spread out, but never really go anywhere. I like empty woods. Having other people there ruins the ambiance.

fortunear 12/19/2014 - 9:00 pm

I want up your literary ass.