Home General The stresses of being different.

The stresses of being different.

by alonelybird

Everyone always gives me such weird looks whenever I talk or do something. I just say stuff, it’s a constant stream of shit. All because of my anxiety, talking just saying anything is a coping mechanism. People think I’m fucked in the head and they’re right. My actions are also mainly from anxiety, me constantly freaking out and just doing/saying different things because I don’t know any other way to cope except for drugs and self-harm and they’re probably not too good(?). I think I’m gonna flip out tomorrow, I can feel it, it’s not going to be a good day. I kinda feel like I’m being passively bullied, except this isn’t very extensive.

PsuedoLife 7/15/2015 - 4:43 am

The stresses of being different… story of my life. Welcome to the club 🙂

alonelybird 7/15/2015 - 4:55 am

Thank you, it’s a nice club you have here. I especially like the jukebox in the corner.

Dorothy Gale 7/15/2015 - 5:34 am

I always crave to reach out yet feel so alien from my peers. It can be a bloody battle just to find one person who’ll listen without judgment, or if they must judge, they can find a way to put it to the side. I am slowly accruing such people in my life. My mom, who is probably the most important since our relationship was so conflicted while I was growing up. My boyfriend who is so patient and kind. He does judge me sometimes, but I don’t blame him. One or two new friends are starting to prove that they Get It. It’s been a long road and a lot of effort just to get a boyfriend, a better relationship with my mom, and just a few “maybes” amongst new acquaintances, but gosh is it powerful once it is found. And it makes me hopeful still that though it might take longer yet to come, I can have a nice close-knit safety net for myself and for those in it…I hope the same for you, too. Sorry I made this response so much about myself. I’ll stop my rambling now.

alonelybird 7/15/2015 - 5:52 am

No, no that’s fine. It’s nice to be able to relate to someone on this. Your input is appreciated.

Unluckymale13 7/15/2015 - 5:55 am

are you autistic? I am.

alonelybird 7/15/2015 - 7:01 am

I don’t think so, though I’ve never been checked. I have quite bad social anxiety, clinical depression and i have mild psychotic symptoms.

alonelybird 7/15/2015 - 7:01 am