Home General Today is my Birthday.

Today is my Birthday.

by They Call Me Amy

I don’t celebrate my Bday a lot, it’s just another sad day. I can’t feel 100% happy anymore on this date, all I do is cry a little bit, but there are three thing that are worth celebrating.

1. IΒ am eating well again, almost two years since I’ve won the battle against anorexia.
  2. 6 months without cutting! Yey! Self harm free for half a year, I am so happy because I am not worried anymore about revealing my scars in front of others. Such a huge step.
  3. And 6 months without suicidal thoughts. I didn’t win this battle yet, but I am on the right path of life.

So I don’t wanna celebrate my birthday, I want to celebrate life. I want to celebrate my revival. I want to celebrate the fact I didn’t give up! Don’t give up too, let’s all give life a try together.

πŸ™‚

freeroma 10/21/2015 - 10:05 am

πŸ™‚ Those are absolutely wonderful things to celebrate, congratulations!
Even though you’re not past this completely, you’ve still made some huge progress. That’s really encouraging, thanks for sharing. I hope you’ll keep going til this is feeling is just a memory.
Happy Birthday anyway.

They Call Me Amy 10/21/2015 - 6:30 pm

Thank you freeroma, I am glad it’s encouraging! Thanks for the kind words! πŸ™‚

bruiseviolet 10/21/2015 - 11:06 am

Happy Life, Happy Revival, Happy Not Giving Up! I will now eat a cookie to celebrate these things with you X

They Call Me Amy 10/21/2015 - 6:30 pm

Thank you!!! I love cookies! πŸ˜€

Darvin 10/21/2015 - 12:12 pm

Happy birthday!
Thank you for sharing strength, hope and positivity! :]

They Call Me Amy 10/21/2015 - 6:31 pm

Thank you Darvin! ^^

Trix 10/21/2015 - 12:13 pm

I love the idea of finding positive things to celebrate on your birthday. I think I’ll do that on mine. Last year’s wasn’t too bad but I’m back to dreading this one. And those three things are huge – they’re amazing. Thank you for this post (and everything you’ve managed to do). It’s so inspiring. Happy Not Giving Up. πŸ™‚

They Call Me Amy 10/21/2015 - 6:33 pm

I am glad you liked the idea, try doing that on your bday, it’s so good to feel that you accomplished beautiful things that celebrate life! You are gonna have an amazing birthday, when is the big day?
Thank you so much for the kind words!

Trix 10/21/2015 - 8:08 pm

Mine is months away, I’m just being gloomy in advance, haha. I’m hoping by the time my birthday comes around I might have built up a few more things to celebrate, but either way I’ll definitely make a list. I hope you had a nice day, Amy. πŸ™‚ Thanks again for the post.

markus1204 10/21/2015 - 12:28 pm

Why is it that everyone thinks because I choses to exit on my own TERMS it is giving up? or it makes me a COWARD? well there is a plan of death for everyone and noone knows how or when it will happen, perhaps this is the HOW and tonight is the WHEN!!!!!

They Call Me Amy 10/21/2015 - 6:29 pm

today is a important day for me, why showing your negativity? I am not talking about you, and I am not saying you are a coward. If you can’t interpret what I am saying, then try again instead of saying twisted things.

Romanticide 10/21/2015 - 12:48 pm

That’s great!!!! Happy Birthday πŸ™‚
I’m so pleased you have those things to celebrate! and they are HUGE things too!
A massive well done to you.
x

They Call Me Amy 10/21/2015 - 6:34 pm

And a massive thank you to you, Romanticide! πŸ˜€ xo

SeeSmith 10/21/2015 - 1:33 pm

Happy Life, Amy! Beating anorexia is huge. Keep taking those life affirming steps and leave a trail of breadcrumbs for others to follow.

They Call Me Amy 10/21/2015 - 6:35 pm

SeeSmith, those were wise words! I love them! Thank you so much! πŸ˜€

Tristeza 10/21/2015 - 6:49 pm

I know I’m a bit late, but happy birthday Amy.

rocketman 10/21/2015 - 7:06 pm

They Call Me Annie!!!

It’s Annie’s birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :):):) πŸ™‚
THE SUN WILL COME OUT Tomorrow!!!!!! Jk kidding I know your amy πŸ™‚

hiohneh 10/21/2015 - 7:07 pm

Happy Birthday!! I’ve dealt with an eating disorder as well and am currently in the process of getting better. You’re a huge inspiration. Thank you for your kindness and positivity! πŸ™‚

passionforalways 10/21/2015 - 8:12 pm

Happy Birthday. Long Live Amy !