Home General Music

Music

by nuclearbackpack

Do you ever hear a song from a happy time in your life and it almost kills you – because you’ve changed so much and the happiness you had is long long gone and IT AIN’T EVER COMING BACK.

MyNiceSuicide 3/27/2016 - 7:34 pm

Man…I feel like that
WTF music do to our mind???

saudade07 3/27/2016 - 7:35 pm

it’s exactly why i stopped listening to music years ago.

MyNiceSuicide 3/27/2016 - 7:39 pm

Good smart decision!!

I still listen to those I can feel ok

rocketman 3/27/2016 - 7:40 pm

nuclearbackpack, Yes but it makes me happy to listen to songs i love. I use to sing and had bands, when i stopped i didn’t listen to music at all, it really did hurt and make me sad, it took some time to get over it, but finally i started listening and singing again for fun. perhaps that’s what your going through? Time marches on and waits for no one, I needed to accept that and enjoy my memories.

deadmanliving 3/27/2016 - 7:49 pm

I know how you feel it happens all the time. Music can be therapy or cause the need for it.

Cordless 3/27/2016 - 8:19 pm

I feel like this whenever I hear music from the 80’s.
And yet that’s my favorite music decade to listen to.

It’s a bittersweet feeling; I wish I was that young again… I know I will never be that young again.
And yet ironically, the 80’s weren’t a very good decade for me. I was bullied in high school, I had all sorts of awkward social issues, and I wasn’t really happy.
Yet, compared to now, it was a simpler time.

So when I hear 80’s music, there’s a bit of sadness, and yet still a wave of nostalgia that makes me smile.

nuclearbackpack 3/27/2016 - 8:30 pm

Yes I’m a [late 70s and] 80s kid too. And I think that what makes it doubly painful is that the music of that time is much better and more care-free than the music of now and that reminds us that the world itself has grown into a much harsher more complicated place and of course as we’ve aged life has become infinitely more painful as we’ve accumulated endless amounts of bad experiences.

anorexicjunkie 3/27/2016 - 8:43 pm

I haven’t been able to listen to music in months. It’s not distracting enough to suppress my suicidal ideation and I would get sucked in to the emptiness at my core, if I tried to. And, yes, just about my entire music library would be triggering anyway.

CallMeIshmael 3/27/2016 - 9:18 pm

I just recently made the mistake of looking back at my MP3 collection (dating back to 1999 or so – I’m 36 now). There were so many songs that I downloaded during the time me and my 2nd wife started dating. It completely broke my heart. While I have such fond memories of that time, it’s now almost unbearable to think about what was and what will never be again. I still love her, even though she is 100% done with me and has moved on to another relationship.

xoxosiamese-catxoxo 3/28/2016 - 8:48 pm

I was happy when Eminem came out lol he was my happiness back then. how awesome just remember about this