Home General This is my pre-goodby message.

This is my pre-goodby message.

by DarkTide

I have decided that today I shall commit suicide. I know many people are going to try and talk me out of it and it is useless. Dont worry I will post my SN later before I do it. Its just something I feel I need to do.

deadmanliving 3/3/2016 - 11:38 am

Well you’re right people will try to talk you out of it.
1) Suicide is not guaranteed you are infinitely more likely to harm/damage yourself severely than die
2) You don’t deserve to die. You haven’t murdered or raped or even been a bad person. You are a human being in intense pain. Essentially western civilization is designed to make you suicidal and its influence is now global.
3) You are literally a day past waking up without suicidal feelings. Im sure you may have had them throughout the day but you woke up ok. You do have ups and they are important to appreciate.
4) You will be missed. You are loved and appreciated here you have family you have that girl and even if she broke promises to you and shes not “the one” she still cares and finding her means you can always find someone else.

Do you stay in NY or London or some really big city like that they make you more depressed you know.

iamtheblues 3/3/2016 - 11:55 am

Well, since you posted this 28 minutes ago, it might be too late already. But just in case it isn’t, I’ll reply.

You don’t know me. And I don’t know you. That’s MY loss.

You reached out. So maybe this is just a cry for help? That’s why I’m here. I’ve been fighting the suicide monster for over 30 years. And I’m still here. So it’s possible to win. To defeat the monster. Even for a day, or a month, or a lifetime.

I’m not going to shit you! There are times, really bad times, where I don’t kick myself for doing it years ago. Just giving in to the monster. I tell myself that I would have saved myself 30 years of misery.

But then, believe it or not, I start to actually enjoy the misery. It’s been with me for so long that it’s a part of me. Now, how fucked up is that?

Well, it’s your life and it’s your choice. I don’t care what the Law says, or what religion says, or what human society says. It’s your life, your choice, and your right! Do what you must.

The selfish asshole in me hopes you will stay with us. I’d like to get to know you. But the pain in me hopes that you find a way to silence your pain.

One word of advice: If you do choose to do it, do it right. DeadManLiving is 100% right. If you fail this you could end up a whole lot worse off than you are now!

Respectfully,
Jack

whiskered-fish 3/3/2016 - 12:00 pm

What do you tell someone when they tell you that you’ll never be able to talk them out of it? Do you try anyway? Or do you respect their wishes?

I don’t know what to say.

Lacalamity 3/3/2016 - 12:45 pm

goodbye

Drowning 3/3/2016 - 12:58 pm

im here if I want to talk man I’m in a fuckin dark place to your not alone try to hold on

hope432 3/3/2016 - 1:15 pm

I am not religious but you should read about near death experiences and what happens to suiciders. It turns out that spiritual hells exist although not eternal and I don’t say that if you commit suicide you necessarily go there. I am saying that you know nothing about the afterlife and you may be as helpless over there as you are in this life. Nothing guarantees you that things will change! And if you are an atheist learn that nobody has proved that the afterlife doesen’t exist!

4beyondhelp 3/3/2016 - 3:15 pm

I’m really sorry to hear that, let me or anyone else know if there’s anything we can do
also remember nothing is guaranteed to work or turn out the way you want it to, and it’s never too late to choose to keep trying. I hope you can hang on & send best wishes for that. If not, I hope you at least find what you’re looking for.

Mf 3/3/2016 - 3:51 pm

Not trying to talk you out of this, but do give your plans a careful look first, you don’t want to end up worse than were you are now. There’s also the fact that there still might be something worth living for or a way to fix your circumstances. I do think it’s better to exhaust all choices before ending one’s life, but only you know if those choices have already been exhausted or not, but i just had to mention it. Whatever you end up doing, i do hope you find peace in your decision.

DarkTide 3/3/2016 - 4:49 pm

So I didnt do it. not because I didnt want to but rather the blade I have isnt strong and sharp enough. I managed to cut myself pretty well but nothing deadly or noticable. I will try find a sharper blade tomorrow

deadmanliving 3/3/2016 - 6:44 pm

If you are using a blade suicide is an unlikely outcome. Like extremely unlikely. I want(ed) to die so bad but couldn’t due to not having a reliable method. Please consider the idea that you can make the most of this life. It may not be the most appealing option but it may be the most realistic one. You have people who care and we are always here to talk to.