It’s hard for me to sleep. It’s 1:04 AM here and I am still awake. My sleep patterns are getting weird. And I am sure I won’t sleep until 5:00 Am. I just lay awake at night, losing myself in thought and contemplating my doom and misfortune. I think I need to get myself on sleeping pills. Any suggestions?!!??
There are a lot of options to try and each person reacts differently, so I guess I’ll just list some I know:
1. Prescription meds. Sleeping pills, anti-anxiety meds, and certain anti-depressants are options.
2. Natural sleep aids. The ingredients and quality vary widely, so you need to do a little research and might have to use the trial-and-error meth0d to find one that helps.
3. Chamomile tea can help milder insomnia
4. Meditation (I have a singing bowl and it helps sometimes)
5. Vigorous excercise
6. Gentle music or white noise
I have used every one of these listed above and what works has varied based on the severity and cause. Your doctor might suggest that you do a sleep study, depending on what he/she thinks is the cause – that I’ve never done.
jadedkeizy, i always sleep with the TV on, i just think about the show i’m watching, i watch a lot of re runs, i can close my eyes because i’ve already seen it, you can fall asleep quicker all ready knowing what’s going to happen next.
I have done that. 🙂