Home General in need of distraction

in need of distraction

by Wintergirl

I have felt my anxiety getting worse all day long… I know if I distract myself it helps. So my question for whoever reads this is, what’s for dinner or whatever meal is close for you? I cooked up some burgers and homemade steak fries tonight. Damn they were good. I am still anxious but my hopes are that all the beer I’m downing will numb it all away when I hopefully pass out soon.  Cheers!

whiskered-fish 6/1/2016 - 8:42 pm

I had fast food today. I promise that I don’t usually eat fast food. But it happens.
Naturally, though, I now hate every inch of my body. First world problems, am I right?

I strongly recommend against using alcohol to numb anxiety or pain. As far as band-aid solutions go, alcohol is one of the worst ones. But anyway, regardless, I hope you get some good sleep soon. Sleep is always a godsend.

Wintergirl 6/1/2016 - 8:58 pm

I sometimes crave fast food bad. Not so much anymore considering I don’t have a car I can jump in to go get it. BK used to have this burger called a California Whopper and I would eat them like there was no tomorrow. Avacadoey salty goodness on a burger. That was my favorite work lunch for a good while. I kinda miss it.

As for the alcohol, I know it’s not a good coping strategy. Hard to undo 20 years of coping this way. I am not as bad as I used to be but I definitely still drink more than I should.

What did you get from the fast food place? Wendy’s is my favorite for fast food. Used to be Taco Bell, but I get sick off their food now so that’s a no go.

rocketman 6/1/2016 - 9:18 pm

I’m making green chilies burritos it cooking right now it smells heavenly, distractions always! i’m already thinking what i’m going to make tomorrow, i’m having a few shots of vodka, i’m careful because of the pain meds, my jaw is killing me! from the dentist yesterday, that’s a hard one to distract from, i always go off into my little world, and try to think of anything but problems, they will be there tomorrow.

Wintergirl 6/1/2016 - 9:28 pm

Did you get that tooth pulled? I hope you enjoy the burritos. Sounds pretty good.

rocketman 6/1/2016 - 10:05 pm

No this was a hard choice, They could save it so i had them patch it up and do a root canal, with a temporary filling, i need the tooth to do a bridge, i don’t want to lose my teeth, but i have to come up with $1500 my portion to do it, if i was still thinking about killing myself i’d say pull it! so i guess i’m sticking around.

Wintergirl 6/1/2016 - 10:44 pm

Going to the dentist is expensive. Glad they could save your tooth and that you’re planning on sticking around.

Fro-not-so-zen 6/1/2016 - 9:37 pm

How can you still be anxious after eating burgers and fries? If I had to pick one meal for life, I wouldnt, give me meal choice or give me death, but if I did it would be steak and taters. Nothing disciplines feelings of sorrow like a fistful of red meat. In middle school I would envy all the kids whose parents would give them money for school system fries and synthetic cheese while I was gnawing away on one thin pb&j. Now I eat a lot of them. Tonight I’m making ground beef and pasta though. As for anxiety, try drinking hot tea with lemon and honey. If you can get local honey, (within a 250 mile radius is considered local, but really 50 is better) use that.

Morris 6/1/2016 - 9:55 pm

I went to Applebe’s today and had steak. It was awesome.
I don’t live in a house. I don’t have pots and pans, no kitchen, no fridge, no cooking utensils, all’s I’ve got is the menu & cash.
It’s not a bad iife. I don’t wash dishes and I eat splendidly.

Wintergirl 6/1/2016 - 10:08 pm

Morris do you live in your car or in a motel? I had an idea you kinda lived the nomad lifestyle from previous comments I’ve read from you. I do have a question for you but don’t want to ask here, do you mind if I shoot you an email?

Morris 6/1/2016 - 10:20 pm

@wintergirl; I sleep wherever I’m parked, no fixed address. I ‘live’ wherever I happen to be.
You can email me if you want to but I’m kind of anti-social. (It’s not you, it’s me. Sorry).

nepheliad 6/1/2016 - 10:43 pm

@Wintergirl Be aware that Morris is kind of the opposite of a nice person, especially with women. 😉

Wintergirl 6/1/2016 - 10:48 pm

Thanks Nepheliad, I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

rocketman 6/1/2016 - 10:11 pm

Morris, did it for years, nothing wrong with that, now i’m a home body, the cooking started when my mother died, i cook what she made, not sure why, i think because i knew i’d never taste her home cooking again it i didn’t, but now i cook everything. keeps me busy.