Home General Leaving for a While

Leaving for a While

by Teresa's Child

Dunno how long it’ll be, but hopefully until some of the people here are gone. It could just be me, but I’m pretty amazed at the jungle SP has become recently. Since I’m leaving, I thought I might as well point out some of the things I’ve seen.

1. Dependents living off other peoples’ charity and whining about how shitty their family/friends are because they don’t give enough. There are at least 3-4 major posters on here that are doing this. And it’s ridiculous. Yes, being depressed because you’re a dependent makes sense. Feeling hopeless makes sense. Feeling angry because you expect more just makes you all spoiled children. Jesus Christ, you all should go to your family/friends, bow and thank them for even bothering to lift a finger for you fuckers. Life doesn’t just hand you things, and no one’s going to help you in the real world. The fact that you’re getting anything from anyone is more of a blessing then you’ll ever know
  2. Idiots without knowledge of the english language. If you’re not from America, that’s fine, just put a disclaimer that english is your second language. If I had to write in Korean, I’d probably be pretty bad too. These aren’t the people I’m talking about. I’m talking about people who know how to fucking write english properly, but don’t, because apparently they can’t be bothered to use their god-given imposable thumbs for spell-checking, or anything other then masturbating, really. A+ you uncultured morons. A+.
  3. The edgelords. “I cut myself sooo bad today with a plastic knife. My life is so hard, my mommy bought me 3 videogames instead of 4.” You guys remind me of Dudley from Harry Potter part 1. So embarrassing. Learn to work hard you fuckers, and understand how much blood and sweat you have to pour out to earn a dime.
  4. The bros. No, you’re not everyone’s friend. Actually you’re insufferable with your colloquial dialect and your happy-go-lucky attitude. Why’re you  even on a suicide site? Go hang out on discord, or whatever preteen bro-chat you came from.
  5. The virgins. Ok, you’re a virgin. I get it, you’re being driven crazy by human instinct. That’s completely understandable, and a very valid reason for depression. But being a virgin doesn’t give you the right to spew racism and sexism. My god. It’s like no one has the ability to put two and two together these days.
  6. The FIGHTERS! Oh my god. I think I hate this group of SP’ers the most. Mind numbingly optimistic, bloated by their self righteousness, and downright dumb as rocks. What more is there to say? Oh, besides the obvious. You’re not fighting anyone you idiots. You don’t even know the definition of the word fight. All you’re doing is pumping yourself up with words and thoughts, like a roider pumping himself up to go to the gym. Fuck me.
  7. The random posters. No, this isn’t Twitter, in case your pea-sized brains got confused. No one gives a flying fuck what your favorite song is, or whether or not you farted today. You’re all as good as trash in my books.

K, I think I’m done here. Obviously this is violating the rules, so please don’t say that in the comments section ya geniuses. Have a nice life. Sorry to the few people on here I actually liked (you all know who you are). Obviously you guys don’t fall into these categories.

See ya.

rivets 10/14/2017 - 12:49 pm

SP has always been a jungle. It will be as long as there are people using it. With the exception of #5, anyone reading this will probably think, “I fit into all of these categories!” Because they do, some of the time. Also, I don’t impose my thumbs. I oppose them. Mostly because they’re stupid and peanut-shaped.

Mordred 10/14/2017 - 12:51 pm

Well at least you half got the thumb joke…thank god for that.

rivets 10/14/2017 - 12:58 pm

I got the context, I just thought the tangent was amusing so I ran with it.

hurrdurr 10/14/2017 - 12:50 pm

hi from the fourth point, sorry to say but some of your assumptions about me are incorrect. I don’t think I’m everyone’s friend, and actually I don’t like to repeat myself over and over especially about the Discord thing, but I feel then when some people need to vent, instant messaging makes it easier. Well yes I’m doing also fine lately and excuse me for that, as well as the other things, sorry if I contributed to your idea of leaving but please stay, I’ll make a post to explain things more in depth.

PPPP3 10/14/2017 - 1:56 pm

Wow am I dumb…Until I read your post,
and checked your history of multiple pages of posts, going back for years (?2013),
I had not realized this could be a social site for long-termers.

I really thought site was intended for people feeling acutely suicidal, that needed to vent/express/share their thoughts.
IDK.

Your note sounds very angry and/or that you are feeling frustrated…
Plus of course very opinionated (your impression of others) and I feel bad for you that you are feeling so bad about all these things–

BUT,
I’m mainly writing to give you a reality check:

This board is not real life in regards to social interactions, friendships, or where you’ll find support, help, love and fill all the other basic needs humans require to be emotionally healthy.

People here (including me of course) are complete invisible strangers,
to the point that we actually do not even exist
whatsoever in your life or REAL world.

You may like to PRETEND that they (some of us) are your friends and support system,
but that is IMPOSSIBLE
(unless of course you found a way to meet offline, which is NOT what this site is intended for).

Example:
Despite my posting intermittently for several months here,
if I gave you 100 chances to guess BASIC real facts about me or my life, I’m fairly certain >95% would be wrong.
You likely do not even know the most simple things about me required for a real life friendship.
E.g Age, sex, appearance, location etc.

And even if I told you alot of things about myself,
how could you prove or dis-prove that I am even telling the truth?

You don’t need to know any of these things,
because again this is not a social site for making REAL LIFE friends.

Please do me a favor and find a way today to meet a real, live person that lives in your area that you may have some things in common with, or enjoy talking to.

It’s obvious your frustrations and anger here is due to unrealistic expectations.

You need and deserve REAL friends, community + social contacts. Everybody does.

And I believe one of the greatest factors contributing to depression (and avoidable suicides) is aloneness.

I hope you try what I am suggesting.
I think you may not, since apparently you’ve allowed this site to take too much importance in your life…
So, I’ll try one other way to make my point:

You likely do not personally know the person or people that own this site (I don’t),
and if they decided or had to shut it down tomorrow for whatever reason,
who would you have to share your thoughts with?
Answer: Nobody here, for sure.

You need + must develop a “real life”.

Although real friends, family and acquaintances can disappear one day too, that rarely happens.

Good luck and I hope you meet some really special people in your real world soon.

I would be glad to be your online make-believe stranger friend, as long as you realize however pleasant our corresponding is, we are INVISIBLE STRANGERS.
(You should not assume anything about me).

Expecting more from those here
you (wrongly) seem to think you know so well,
is not reality.

You only know what they choose to reveal to you,
which is the realistic truth (fact) about all online sites.

I’m going to guess you’re young (under 30) because the younger generation who grew up with cell phones, lap tops + the zillion online social sites,
very often mistakenly confuse the online world with real life.

It’s not REAL LIFE and never can replace REAL, LIVE PEOPLE.
I hope you understand this and feel better soon.

rivets 10/14/2017 - 2:02 pm

As an unreal, unflappable and invisible bird, I’m pecking my anger at the keyboard to express my disagreement with the solipsism in this comment. Just because you can’t see a thing in front of you, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Especially if you have all the evidence you need to see that it’s real (posts and comments don’t write themselves). People that are physically in my life are lucky if they get four words out of me in a day. People on SP get many more than that. There is no such natural distinction between what happens on sites like this, and daily life. It’s an arbitrary distinction made by people engaged in magical thinking.

hiohneh 10/14/2017 - 1:58 pm

Sometimes this is the only place people have. Sometimes these are the only people that they have. No one will listen to them. In the past, I’ve used this place just to talk because no one else would talk to me. Guilty as charged.

Other social media sites will ban you or direct you to a page that lists things like 1800-don’tkillurself or text 666 to talk to someone if you’re suicidal if you even post an inkling of your depression or suicidal thoughts. Plus the anonymity on other social media sites isn’t very good (although the internet tracks all of you. Big Brother Kim Jong Un is always watching.)

What I’m trying to say is something many people have said in the past: it’s good to take a break from this place. That may sound weird but as long as you’re taking a break to live it’s fine. No judgment.

One man’s trash is another one’s treasure.

hiohneh 10/14/2017 - 2:01 pm

“That may sound weird” Actually it doesn’t sound weird. It’s actually good to take a break from a suicide website and live your life.

Cause of Death: Suicide 10/14/2017 - 4:25 pm

“1800-Dom’tkillurself” LMAO. Funniest thing I’ve ever read. XD
That’s like asking the pope to not molest little boys.

hiohneh 10/15/2017 - 7:49 am

lol It always makes me happy when I make someone laugh.

PPPP3 10/14/2017 - 2:04 pm

Add: I know my post is way too long, but since I know I need to stay away from this site for awhile, too, I wanted my last few posts to be something slightly useful.

I’ve been hiding from my real world + life too long, and I need to make a decision ASAP=
Start living again or die.
??????
IDK which it will be,
but I can’t hide in limbo any longer.

Once 10/14/2017 - 2:40 pm

I personally don’t dislike SP. I do HATE that I need it. That’s the kicker, for me.

CARLOSPEJUAN 10/14/2017 - 3:04 pm

That’s really fucked. People come here to vent, what the hell!?

CARLOSPEJUAN 10/14/2017 - 3:05 pm

A lot of times the things I’ve vented on here are pretty emotionally driven. And the fact that I can’t even come here is kinda painful. thanks Mordred.

Black Holez 10/14/2017 - 3:31 pm

Jesus Christ, you’re screwed up. People come here to vent and express their feelings where they would otherwise be castigated in the real world for doing so. As someone who became curious of your rantings, I’ve decided to look at your previous posts as well because as they, you’ve got to practice what you preach. It’s uncanny how much of your rants here kinda describe you as well. You became depressed because of a girl, you hate your job. You hate your family and friends for not giving enough. Heck, you have some posts about wanting to fight back. Seems to me most of this is self-hate. If SP gets on your nerves so much then why bother coming here at all? Because in the end, you also want to vent. F*ck off with your self-righteousness. I truly mean it. Hypocrisy has no place among the depressed and suicidal.

rivets 10/14/2017 - 4:04 pm

This thread makes me sad.

Garreth 10/14/2017 - 3:32 pm

You really should leave. Not intended as an insult, but I’ve noticed you getting into nasty fights and whether it’s your fault or not, the common denominator is you. Before you come back you might want to take note that this is a suicide site, and we don’t discriminate based on people’s intelligence or grammar, so (this is intended as an insult) take your elitist attitude and shove it up your arse. L8r

rivets 10/14/2017 - 4:12 pm

Yes, we only discriminate based on the form that your emotional pain and trauma gets expressed, apparently.

Garreth 10/14/2017 - 4:24 pm

To true. Then we all need to agree on the hierarchy of suffering. Mordred started the ball rolling by creating the categories: 1) Independents vs. Dependents 2) Educated vs. Non-educated 3) Employed vs. Unemployed 4) Angry vs. Happy-go-lucky 5) Sluts vs. Virgins 6) Mousy vs. Outspoken and 7) English professors vs. Random

Sweet Jesus, what’s a dependent, non-educated, unemployed, happy-go-lucky, outspoken, random virgin to do? Definitely not suicide; that’s reserved for the big boys!

Garreth 10/14/2017 - 4:25 pm

^ Oh fuck me, I wrote “to true” instead of “too true”. Demote me to the pile of common idiots and strip my suicide rank to private.

rivets 10/14/2017 - 4:32 pm

I think the categories are caricatures of real people problems. Kind of like how when you walk through the door, it sighs thanks to Genuine People Personalities(TM). And it’s a caricature because we all do those things from time to time. And Mordred is a misanthrope, as he’s proclaimed. And misanthropy is often a rejection of the self as much as a rejection of everything outside the self. It’s a complicated labyrinth.

Cause of Death: Suicide 10/14/2017 - 4:21 pm

I don’t understand what posts you are reading and from who but as I scroll down the dash, daily, I see nothing of what you are speaking. One post is not like the others and it’s this one! What I see on this site is deeply suicidal people setting suicide dates, explaining how long they have been suicidal, ordering suicide drugs and discussing how they are a little afraid but will bite the bullet nonetheless. What I see in this post is an angry little child with his priorities in the wrong place.

I did read one virgin post and that was weird.

rivets 10/14/2017 - 4:26 pm

Where is the right place to put priorities? In the kitchen cabinet with the ten year old twinkies? Brains are weird. One will focus on the things the brain is interested in, while avoiding the things it finds boring, kind of like magnets of the same and opposite polarities. Priorities are the same way. And yes, virgin posts are weird.

Cause of Death: Suicide 10/14/2017 - 4:53 pm

I am not all-knowing I do not have an answer. But I’m sure it’s not whining about what’s wrong with the people on here.

rivets 10/14/2017 - 5:02 pm

What’s wrong about whining about what’s wrong with people on here? Isn’t whining about what he’s whining about what half the people on this thread are doing? Any more of this redundant redundancy and my head will pop like a zeppelin.

Akira_Watanabe.999 10/14/2017 - 5:33 pm

It’s perfectly fine to give your view point about the site but to insult random suicidal folks you know nothing about is pretty insulting. I enjoy supporting and hearing people’s reasons for being here and when I dislike a post I just ignore it, simple as that. In any case hope you find the clarity and peace you seek but also understand that finding weird and mentally damaged people here posting their issues is pretty normal and I mean it’s a suicide forum after all.

Morris 10/14/2017 - 8:26 pm

I like people who are brutally honest and say what they really think. The flip-side to unabashed honesty though is the honest feedback you’ll get from people who disagree with you. You’re certainly welcome to express your observations, but understand that people with opposing perspectives are just as welcome to voice their dissent.

Like you (the OP), I used to get annoyed by certain types of people here as well, but I realized we’re all at different stages in our development. It seems mean spirited to criticize someone who’s doing the best they’re capable of considering the tools they have to work with. (I hope that didn’t sound condescending).

Rock on.

wanderer 10/15/2017 - 5:48 am

Modred, I think you writing all this is definitely fine.it isn’t hate message by it but people reading get affected as they think that they don’t have a freedom of speech ? Hope you are alright and take a break if you need it 🙂