Home General they ask me why i dont smile? do you?

they ask me why i dont smile? do you?

by sadlife958

but I tell them that I am. see… oh wait that’s me smiling while thinking about everything. Do any of you smile like this?

spectralgiraffe 11/11/2017 - 9:20 pm

I don’t smile because…. I will only smile if there is something to smile about, not for the sake of it

sadlife958 11/11/2017 - 9:38 pm

I only smile at the children like my little nieces or my little teenage brother! They are just adorable and innocent plus they always seem happy regardless. Those are really only when I smile or when I see my grandpa and grandma everything else no even if I’m laughing it’s definitely a struggle. I noticed this about me that’s y I posted

muspelhem 11/11/2017 - 9:45 pm

Smiling can actually boost your mood. Emotions work both ways. It doesn’t have to be

happiness->smile

It can be

smile->happiness

Try setting a timer to two minutes and hold a smile for that time. Do this regularly, and it should actually cheer you up.

Another thing you can do if you want to feel more confident is stand like a starfish for two minutes.

spectralgiraffe 11/11/2017 - 9:48 pm

sure i’ll admit I used to smile quite alot as a kid too, even tho I was bullied alot… but I got older and realized life is really just a pointless, hollow existence with many chasing the carrot until oblivion trying to get ahead even if it means being a complete asshole… its like a cruel trick is played on you

muspelhem 11/11/2017 - 10:32 pm

Lol ever the optimist.

spectralgiraffe 11/11/2017 - 11:43 pm

Yeah I’m for sure optimistic… A carrot cake, carrot cake, I wanna bake a carrot cake!!!

sadlife958 11/12/2017 - 12:08 am

Hahaha nice πŸ™‚

EmptyPluto 11/11/2017 - 10:37 pm

Smiling or not, you’re still looking swag af Junpei. Uhh, I mean Sadlife.

sadlife958 11/11/2017 - 10:56 pm

My bday is in December 21st πŸ™‚

Robigson 11/12/2017 - 4:50 pm

Ok

sadlife958 11/12/2017 - 4:59 pm

robigson why lol

Robigson 11/12/2017 - 5:39 pm

I like to know people’s zodiac signs

sadlife958 11/12/2017 - 6:10 pm

Cool well I’m open about it xd now you know I’m a Sagittarius let’s just see if I make it to my birthday

Robigson 11/12/2017 - 6:39 pm

Sure

Robigson 11/12/2017 - 6:59 pm

Let us hope

soulsister 11/12/2017 - 7:06 am

Im always smiling at work because I work at a cafe and my smile is what brings people back. lol I got these 4 elderly couples that come in every week on their shopping day because they love my smile and my energy the great food is just a bonus… This is what they told me one day. I smile at everything and anything like I’m a genuinely happy **** whenever I am around people. The true reason I smile though is because whenever I am not people always ask what’s wrong? My face gives me away. I’ve been told my face says everything. My nickname at school was facials cos I wouldn’t say a word but you’d know what I was saying just by my look.

By the way I love your eyes they smile πŸ™‚

muspelhem 11/12/2017 - 7:52 am

“Facials” lol

Robigson 11/12/2017 - 4:25 pm

When is your birthday?

sadlife958 11/12/2017 - 4:59 pm

Awe that was sweet thanks Soulsister πŸ™‚ & for the compliment. my eyes change color sometimes green and sometimes blue and also glad to see that you understand because I worked in a similar field as you it was a restaurant few years back & I was there for about maybe 2 years and everybody was able to tell when I was depressed especially my best friend who is no longer friends with me today for whatever reason that’s up to her but anyways she always used to able to tell & she would say “Hey you have to smile for me πŸ™‚ & also people are wondering customers are wondering you know what’s wrong” so I always kept that smile such a difficult force it’s was more difficult than working itself you know on top of anxiety but I never was specializing in waiting tables and I ended up stopping that so I went back to running food in the restaurant & working as a busboy cuz I couldn’t deal with customers directly but I loved it when they would ask for me “where is that handsome young man” I smile and say “awe sorry I’m not a server anymore πŸ™‚ but I still be working with your serve it’s great seeing you again” anyways thanks a bunch soulsister hope your Sunday’s going well for ya.