Home General i won’t grow to be old

i won’t grow to be old

by iamdarling

i’m not sure why, but i have this weird feeling that i won’t grow to be old. i mean, i can’t imagine myself living until i’m, what, ninety?

clipped-wings 1/5/2018 - 12:08 pm

Concentrate on making twenty and go from there!

some kid 1/5/2018 - 1:09 pm

Someday it will be 2090 and kids will be like “lol people born in 2000 are about to die”

Blugirl16 1/5/2018 - 10:45 pm

why would anyone want to live so long anyway? You’ll be unattractive, weak, dependent on everyone, and you probably won’t be able to do what you love past 70 or so. If you’re like most of us..you’ll only be left reminiscing what used to be. Eh, who knows maybe things will be different in 2090 for the elderly

a1957 1/5/2018 - 11:16 pm

Exactly. Not me. I see the disabled elderly quite a bit these days. I see no reason why I would let this happen to myself either. I am 60, which ain’t young, but I am pain free in my body at least and still vital to my loved ones, at least for now. But to become insignificant or locked into physical pain would seem so so foolish to me. The shrink is trying to address the mental pain that drove me here to this site, among other things. Unless I stay relevant and have quality of life I don’t see a point in sticking around either.

clipped-wings 1/6/2018 - 3:46 am

I am locked into physical pain. I’m 53. It’s been getting worse. I’m still plugging away and seeking relief for some reason. Pain is a strange thing. It takes away your good humor. Then your appetite. And finally your desire to live. I’m entering that last stage.

Foundhappiness 1/5/2018 - 10:56 pm

Im 51 going on 52 this year. I already had a good life. I won’t live to be old,,, in fact, I routinely take my blood pressure and even a few minutes ago was 180/111 ,,, the chart tells me to go to the ER right away,,,, I have this each night,,,,
The above is right,,, when we get old, we do those things (even though I’m not near that level yet).
I have my own plan,,, will do it, but its also comforting to know with a blood pressure like mine is, I likely won’t have to end my own life,,,, its gonna happen soon on its own,,,, thats a given… so I wait,, for now,,,,