Home General 23 Things I Learned At 23

23 Things I Learned At 23

by Teresa's Child

1. People are cruel and selfish.

2. Never compromise on your ideals. Never give up in a situation. Struggle till the end.

3. Don’t be afraid to fail, or be laughed at, or dream.

4. Do not be chained to anything.

5. Relationships are poisonous to any dreams you may have.

6. There is no point to making money if it can’t buy you what you need.

7. No point looking too far down the road and making long, complicated plans. You can lose everything any minute.

8. There is no such thing as empirical truth.

9. Force is always necessary.

10. Its ok to be evil as long as your actions are dictated by good ideals. No one can force you to change.

11. Misanthropes aren’t human.

12. Determination > intelligence.

13. If you speak your mind you will never have regrets.

14. “There is no point in dwelling on dreams and forgetting to live.”

15. Mercy is for God. To live in this world, you have to be cruel.

16. “You are stronger then you seem, smarter then you think, and braver then you believe”.

17. Invest in yourself over anything external. If you are strong, you won’t fear anything.

18. Everything is impermanent, empty, and filled with suffering.

19. Having a little fun isnt a bad thing.

20. Conflict keeps you sharp and alive. Tests are always to be welcomed.

21. Having a child will effectively kill you.

22. You can’t look down on people. You have to be willing to crawl around in the mud right alongside them.

23. Never be caught off guard.

Agnostosx 8/24/2018 - 1:05 pm

But is it worth it ?

Hulk 8/24/2018 - 1:05 pm

Good

freeroma 8/24/2018 - 1:08 pm

Whoo that’s a doozy. My input?
“Can be” instead of “are” for 1.

Does 4 interfere with 2? If you’re struggling and fighting for something you’re tired to those things, right?

“Can be” for 5 again.. sometimes those can help. Tho I tend to use the broad spectrum for relationships instead of solely romantic meaning

Disagree on 9, too. Force isn’t always the best way to accomplish a task, get what you want/need.

10.
… I dunno, lots of terrible things have been done in the name of the greater good that weren’t actually beneficial to it.

15. Ditto for 9.

18. Unless you can find meaning in something. If you’re fighting for 2, what’s the point if it’s all meaningless?

I like 19, though I hope it’s also not filled with suffering..

And knowing 22, why would the mercy of 15 be so bad to give once in awhile?

I think 23 takes in for some.. superhuman awareness and preparedness. No matter what something can happen we don’t expect, for every contingency.

freeroma 8/24/2018 - 1:11 pm

I think cruelty might be tied in with a sense of entitlement from “being above” another, doing things because one can.

Also 11.. totally human, just rather sick of most of the rest

Goose 8/24/2018 - 7:22 pm

I expected you to be hashing them out and improvising by 14/15 but seemed ok still. Well done

Hazy Day Sunflower 8/25/2018 - 1:17 am