Home General Be Grateful

Be Grateful

by Mac-10toSchool

For those of you in the U.S. tomorrow is Thanksgiving. What are you grateful for?

What things in your life have actually been making you feel happy, even for a moment?

Have you been as grateful as you couldve lately? why or why not?

Melancolia 11/21/2018 - 10:16 am

I am very grateful for my meds, without them, life can turn into a nightmare.

ADoseOfReality 11/21/2018 - 10:19 am

That’s a good one, actually. Taking meds IS important. thank you for sharing

EmptyPluto 11/21/2018 - 10:21 am

Are you a teacher?

ADoseOfReality 11/21/2018 - 10:26 am

Fuck no. In fact, some people would call me sociopath, hahaha 🙂 But I’m not that either, quite obviously.

EmptyPluto 11/21/2018 - 10:30 am

Eh, there’s plenty of sociopath teachers to go around.

ADoseOfReality 11/21/2018 - 10:32 am

Thats very true…What about you? What are you grateful for, EmptyPluto?

EmptyPluto 11/21/2018 - 10:43 am

Having a place to sleep at during the cold nights isn’t so bad.

ADoseOfReality 11/21/2018 - 10:50 am

Warmth is always nice to have, especially when it’s cold. thank you for sharing

PatheticMale 11/21/2018 - 11:04 am

I am grateful for my mom, my sisters, my weed… I should be grateful for everything really I have such an easy life and yet Im wasting it

ADoseOfReality 11/21/2018 - 11:13 am

It’s a wonderful thing to realize that your time isnt being utilized to it’s full potential, because it gives you the power to choose to be more productive. I’d encourage you to keep self-assessing. Ive noticed your username–You’re probably not as pathetic as you think you are. not in the slightest. You seem like someone that has a lot of untapped potential, that’s all. Tap into it! 🙂 Family and support networks are definitely blessings. thank you for sharing!

Mouse 11/21/2018 - 2:34 pm

MICE

ADoseOfReality 11/21/2018 - 3:54 pm

I was hoping to run into you again, I’m glad that I have.

EmptyPluto 11/21/2018 - 4:07 pm

You gonna chase her?

ADoseOfReality 11/21/2018 - 5:27 pm

LMAO!!

Maybe I will ?…

Mouse 11/22/2018 - 4:28 am

they are a cat…!!!

heartlessviking 11/21/2018 - 11:52 pm

Likely as not I’m not grateful for enough. It seems a terrible waste of resources for the world to give me so much and yet… depression and anxiety.

This year though, it’s been a good year. I made dean’s list in the Spring semester, and am on my way to the first 4.0 semester that I can remember. I’ve got exactly two years and three weeks left in this frustrating degree, and that is something else I’m grateful for.

My family is being supportive. I have medications and I am able to take them regularly and function. I have people that love me, as well as a dog and a cat.

I have a home with many modern conveniences, as well as everything I could imagine reasonably wanting(though desires being uncontrolled and consumerism being such as it is, I’ll likely keep acquiring more.)

I’m relatively healthy (minus the mental healthcare difficulties). I lost 38 pounds so far this year and am approximately 15 pounds from my goal weight. While not being as young as I was, I still have many productive years ahead.

I’m thankful that there are still movies on the horizon that I want to see, which is my foundation desire to stick around. There’s also books and video games coming out in the next year that I want to consume, again, these are the things that keep me going.

As I said, lots to be thankful for. I don’t understand why I have so much, but it is nice to have it.

ADoseOfReality 11/22/2018 - 8:26 am

Awesome reply! Thank you for sharing! I’ve read a post or two of yours lately, and as cliché as it it is to say, I hope all turns out well for you.

OldCow 11/22/2018 - 5:43 pm

I am thankful that my dog did not die after eating half of a pecan pie. She grabbed it off the counter and gobbled half of it. Pecans are deadly for dogs. Happily, she puked it all up along with everything else she had in her with the help of some Hydrogen Peroxide. That is all I have to be thankful for today. A happy and hungry dog who is now eyeing the turkey on the counter. I had best be off to take care of that.

Lifelong Loser 11/23/2018 - 9:34 pm

@oldcow I’m glad that your dog didn’t die.