Home General Don’t know where to go

Don’t know where to go

by Empty Husk

I don’t know where to go or what to do. I’m going nowhere with my life. I’m already 33 years old and yet I feel stuck, isolated and stagnant. I’ve already enrolled dairy and welding classes and yet here I am still jobless, aimless, friendless and have no one to turn to aside from of course my gf. I have no job so I can’t give her what she wants – a marriage, a family and with kids. I just want to give up. I don’t know what to do at this point in my life. Honestly, I can’t stand living like this for another 30 years. It’s either I go to a monastery and spend my remaining days there or just letting me die.

adamfell 12/24/2018 - 4:25 am

I was recently in a nearly identical situation (32, single, jobless), and I read the book “Goals” by Brian Tracy…it changed everything for me. He walks you through how to find what you really want in life, and how to get it. It’s quite a positive empowering message as well that makes you feel that things really can change. I can only say that it’s paid dividends so far for me in my life.

Anyways it’s a very practical book, and will probably be more useful than any other advice that I could give.

tiredofchronicpain 12/24/2018 - 11:47 am

Hi gents. I am in the same position – 29, unemployed, recent graduate with electrical engineering degree. I am not sure if I will be alive by the end of the year to come. This might be my last Christmas. Too much against me as a person and no degrees of freedom to change.
Black Holez, where do you guys live? Parents? Talk to us. Who are you guys, where do you live? What do you do for a living? What frustrates you the most? Why are you at SP?

Best,

TOCP

Black Holez 12/24/2018 - 9:36 pm

I’m a former online transcriptionist. I did that as a side gig but unfortunately due to being bullied out of work in an office there were no other jobs for me left. That side gig also kinda left me stagnant as I was in my home doing that job making me unable to meet new people aside from my old friends who now backstabbed me and destroyed my reputation online through social media. Due to what I’ve done and because of what I’ve gone through life right now, I’m suffering through crippling depression, unable to make me do my job and making me suffer more. It’s a serious black hole on my end.

Parents were mostly abusive to me so we are not on good terms but they’re kind enough to provide for me a house to live in though. I guess I have to thank them for that or I would be living in the streets for now if it were not for them. I have nobody else left aside from my gf. I don’t know where to go or where to stand right now. No friends, no job, no future, nothing.

AXYZ 12/24/2018 - 2:49 pm

Hey there, I’ve noticed in all your posts you mention your gf. She must be a huge source of strength and support. Have you ever thought of telling her, in clear terms, “Hey I really need you to save me.” What do you think she would do?

I know in this society it’s the “man’s job” to provide for the family and all that crud. But desperation doesn’t care about genders. If you’re really at the point of suicide (and if she’s more stable than you) then maybe she can figure out a plan to save both of you? You’ll never know if you don’t ask. She sounds really dedicated so I’m sure she’ll do everything she can.

Mouse 12/24/2018 - 4:42 pm

I have to admit, you and her have been together 13 days. Heck my ex only stayed with me for one year. Anyway alot of people would looooove a partner who stuck with them for so long. I do forsee that yours may eventually end which would be sad… Anyway she seems really dedicated at the very least to stay so long. You should try to like devise a plan like AXYZ said above. This is worth saving. 13 years is a long time!!!

Black Holez 12/25/2018 - 1:55 am

Yes, I’ve got to get my shit together or it’s only a matter of time before she leaves. I don’t know where to start though. I’ve lost everything except this one piece of gem that needs to be taken care of if I am to preserve its value.

Black Holez 12/24/2018 - 9:39 pm

She is, she’s the only one who has stuck through me through all these years of what I’ve gone through. I’ve already told her about my problems, she says she wants to see it through. She’s my only source of strength left but even I don’t know how long that will last. The last two years have been hell for me and I don’t know where to start.

Mouse 12/24/2018 - 4:43 pm

ffs my comment is in moderation I accidentally wrote p a r t n e r