Home General It doesn’t get better does it?

It doesn’t get better does it?

by Black Holez

It’s been two years since I’ve been on this site and yet still here I am. It doesn’t get better does it? I’ve tried going out, meeting new people, getting new friends, training for a new job and yet I still am jobless, friendless and miserable. I’m already 33 years old and yet my life seems to go nowhere. I don’t know what God has in store for me but this is no way to live.

flutterby 12/30/2018 - 2:54 am

Are you waiting for something to change your life or do you want to change it?
If a job or friends are what you think you need to be happy then what happens if you get fired or they move? Back to depression most likely.
I propose you learn to be happy and for no reason other than it feels better than depression.
I challenge you.

Black Holez 12/30/2018 - 11:21 am

You need a reason to be happy. I have none. You also need to know when your opinion is warranted or not. No one asked for yours and I certainly despise yours.

ADoseOfReality 12/30/2018 - 12:30 pm

I agree with Flutterby. If you need a reason to be happy, why not be happy because you woke up today? Why not be happy about having a site like this where people care enough to respond to you? Live your life with a sort of “suicidal” courage–do things because it’s crazy to do, because you’ve not done it for a while, and forget what people think.

flutterby 12/30/2018 - 12:41 pm

I’m sorry you despise it. I care about you and that’s why I gave it.

If you let it life will eat you.

flutterby 12/30/2018 - 3:51 am

It can get better but we tend to take it all on more than we have too. We need to forget it all and start to build it over with what we know now and build it for us. Principals the world shoves down our throats while we are young and impressionable. Erase it all and make it what you see.

heartlessviking 12/30/2018 - 10:39 am

It ain’t living, we’re just surviving, hoping and waiting for life to happen again. It’s all just build up to disappointments.

Black Holez 12/30/2018 - 11:22 am

Yep, it’s just day-by-day battle for survival seeing whether it’s going to go well or not. This is no way to live.

flutterby 12/30/2018 - 12:39 pm

Waiting for something to change is silly. You need to do something to affect change.

tiredofchronicpain 1/3/2019 - 6:17 pm

Gosh, a doze of reality, what is there to be happy about when you have to “choose” to be happy? You cannot really fake happiness. The reason many of us are here is we know pro-life advice to be unprecedented and a half-truth. Only the sheer childish infidel can believe in positive thinking and happiness. After living a life of pain, and life’s misfortune, I really can’t wrap my mind around how to be “happy” anymore.

The very reason for “trying” to be happy should also be challenged. Why isn’t happiness there form the start then, and how do you fake happiness knowing the ills and torments of this world, especially since you ended up wherever you are not out of your own will. Everyone wants to be happy but unfortunately this takes a skill. Reality doesn’t grant most of us happiness or luxury to be happy. There isn’t much room for positivity when your whole life is torn apart, and sooner or later faking happiness will result in a fall of your emotion when reality strikes. When a serious incident happens, that happiness is out of the window. Your mind certainly does not need the emotion to survive, so it is redundant. Happiness is a state of life not a state of mind. The latter follows the former unfortunately and not all of us are granted the peace to be happy. Sorry to burst your helium balloon.