Home General Becoming a monk

Becoming a monk

by Black Holez

Just went to the monastery today and I already feel refreshed. I have decided to try to become a part of their holy orders after a one month observership. I will observe and participate in the daily activities of the monks while also being observed back if I am suited to their life or not. After the one month period ends, I will then be given time to decide if indeed I will push through becoming a monk or not.

After this dairy stint ends, I will be joining in a heartbeat. I believe this is my way out of my situation. I’m trapped in the four walls of my home leading to my depression. I’m all alone and have nothing going for me. I have no job, no friends, I’m isolated and I have no one to turn to aside from my gf. We’re not close with my family and have no one else to talk to really. I’m ready to leave everything behind to live the monk lifestyle and serve the remaining days of my life there if all works out.

deathisnear 1/10/2019 - 6:03 am

Leaving everything behind like you may (depending on how your one-month stay turns out) sounds so incredibly appealing. I hope it all works out for you.

Black Holez 1/10/2019 - 6:33 am

Yes, I will start maybe this February or March. The schedule is still tentative but here’s top hoping it works well for me. It’s still 50-50 as I will be under observation as well and I will have to consider also if what I’m lacking – friendship and brotherhood – is present there. It will certainly be one of my considerations.

Tellmewhy 1/10/2019 - 6:06 am

I hope this will make you feel better, maybe it’s your purpose and it will give you peace and fulfillment. If not what else, we’ll see.

Black Holez 1/10/2019 - 6:37 am

Yeah, hoping it will give me what I’m looking for too. Others see suicide as a way out, maybe becoming a monk is my sort of “suicide” in this world.

princessmousy<:3)~ 1/10/2019 - 6:21 am

I hope becoming a monk works out for you in the end

Black Holez 1/10/2019 - 6:35 am

Thanks. It’s still to be seen. I will have to “see” and feel what that one month entails and if it will be right for me. I’ll certainly give it a try. I know it’s selfish to leave my gf behind but I see nothing else to escape my situation.

Once 1/10/2019 - 9:43 am

Best of luck to you, Brother Black! 😉

heartlessviking 1/10/2019 - 2:36 pm

How do the people in your life feel about it?
I’m excited for you to be exploring this step further and hope that it leads somewhere better.

Gary555 1/10/2019 - 2:41 pm

I think this is a great move for you for so many reasons. You’ll be trying something you might like. You’re not locking yourself into a commitment by giving yourself a trial run for a month. It also gives the monks an opportunity to see if they feel it would be right for you. You’re giving yourself a temporary reprieve from your depressing situation and you’re moving forward. I know from personal experience it’s always better to give something a shot than to never make a move. Good luck.

Teresa's Child 1/10/2019 - 11:45 pm

I like that you’re starting small and testing the waters. I’ve been reading your posts pretty *religiously* (eh? EH? GET IT? COZ MONKS…I’ll show myself out now…).

Anyway, best of luck, and keep us posted.