Home General Happy Father’s Day?

Happy Father’s Day?

by a1957

Every one of us on here had a biological father who either put us in harms way or mated with someone who would, with few exceptions.

I get this happy father’s day greeting every year, many times over. I appreciate the well wishes but deep down the very idea of the holiday troubles me. I am on here due to childhood issues attributable to a father with poor judgement and those issues are still in the works of being resolved.

For that reason I never should have reproduced. Never. Just call it Father’s Guilt Day.

A real happy father’s day would have to be prepared for before mating. The holiday is presumptuous just by it’s name alone.

shatterediris 6/16/2019 - 3:20 pm

Wait…. It’s father’s day?

a1957 6/16/2019 - 5:16 pm

I never remember it on my own either. Wikipedia says it is the third Sunday in June, so yeah, this must be the day. Ugh.

shatterediris 6/16/2019 - 5:36 pm

Wait? IT’S THE THIRD SUNDAY IN JUNE????!!!!?~!?~~?~~?~?~

Uhhhhh it is…. I would never have realized that…. But it’s like the 16th…. What is wrong with June? xD

rocketman 6/16/2019 - 4:17 pm

I’m sorry you feel that way, my father wasn’t perfect but I had to forgive him, I’m am not a father unless you consider cats my kids, in which case they bite me because they love me?

a1957 6/16/2019 - 5:22 pm

I call them love bites. I try to be keen on not over stimulating the cat in case that bite has that meaning instead, but yeah cats and a dog are my dependents now.

rocketman 6/16/2019 - 5:35 pm

Ha ha, They are love bites, they get bored and want to play, what else could they do? They are the only one’s that can get away with such violence!

a1957 6/16/2019 - 5:42 pm

I know. I had not even an inkling of this day of “celebration” until I saw a text from a relative. It is a positive and kind act she did but I see little reason for celebration. Fatherhood is result, a consequence, all too often, of one or more people being careless.

rocketman 6/16/2019 - 5:55 pm

Thanks you did remind me, I have to call, and I completely agree with you, I was very careful.

rocketman 6/16/2019 - 6:18 pm

While growing up I seen lots of things, divorces of my friends parents, financially ruining lives, playing against each other, kids playing it up, daddy no.1 daddy no.2 , I decided I wanted no part of that, I actually don’t know of any marriages of any friends in my generation that worked. I also didn’t want to be responsible for bringing another into this mess. Funny how I figured that out so young.

spookichick 6/16/2019 - 6:22 pm

if your father didn’t help create you, then you wouldn’t be here helping other people. i know that he had poor judgement, but in my opinion, making YOU was a gift to all who are now fortunate to have the deepest pleasure of your company.
SO THERE!
XOXOXOXO

Breaks4handball 6/16/2019 - 7:01 pm

Ohh father, why did you planted the seeds of fertilization into my mother, ooh why couldnt u be satisfied with only a daughter and a son. Im the last to come into this world and the first to go out

a1957 6/16/2019 - 10:13 pm

Aw Spookichick, that is so so kind of you to say. I will do my best for others because after all, I am here.