Home General Too ugly for this world

Too ugly for this world

by deathisnear

I never petitioned to be forced into such a hostile, judgmental society that treats people like me with complete disdain because of how we look. It’s not like I had the option to customize my face at birth. “Normal” people have no fucking idea of what it’s like to go through life being consistently treated worse than everyone else. If the average person had to live a day as me, he would probably go off the deep end in no time!

The only time I am ever truly happy, confident, and relaxed is when I’m away from other people (like in the privacy of my home or in a secluded wilderness area). Unfortunately, I must spend the majority of my life around other people if I want to earn a living and survive. One day I would like to purchase some property in a more tolerable rural setting, preferably in a more sparsely-populated state out west, but that costs a ton of money. How many more years will I have to suffer in order to afford the lifestyle I want? I am quickly running out of patience and am starting to believe the only escape from this hellish existence is an early death.

AfflictedSmile 7/12/2019 - 4:53 am

I know exactly how you feel and what you must go through on a daily basis. I suffer with the same fate. Doesn’t matter how smart, funny, kind, sympathetic, loving or generous you are. We will always be looked at and treated as sub human. It really pisses me off to no extent. People with average and especially above average attractive looks have no idea how hard life is for those of us who were born ugly or were cast into this by an accident or some random fate. The first 19 years of my life I don’t think I realized I was ugly, truly. I have no doubt looking back that I was based on the amount I was picked on or ”bullied” in school. I guess at the time I just viewed it as normal, but I know better now. I believe my auto (car) accident didn’t help matters in the least. Now I’m ugly and I have facial scars and features that remind me daily of my accident and that I’m ugly.

I’m not one that seeks attention, as I’m rather introverted and try to avoid the spotlight when possible. However at work it would be nice to be recognized for my input and hard work. Doesn’t matter how insightful, beneficial or great my idea or work is, it will always be ”sub” par and valued as such. Not to say everything I do or say is always great. However nothing I say or do is highly valued. Unlike Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome in a cubicle over who could burp and people would stop to recognize.

deathisnear 7/12/2019 - 6:23 am

At best, an unattractive individual will merely be tolerated (but never fully accepted or liked) by others in everyday life. His very presence will make others uncomfortable, even if he’s simply going about his business and not causing any problems to others. To compound matters, he is probably a wreck of a human, barely able to function around others, after decades of bullying, discrimination, rejection, isolation, and continuously being beaten down by society. Consequently, others will quickly perceive that something is “off” about him and will now have another excuse to avoid or mistreat him. Thus, the cycle continues and the resentment builds until he reaches a breaking point.

I’m terribly sorry to hear about your auto accident and the resulting facial scars that you now have to live with. It’s scary to think about how fragile we all are to chance events like these, and how suddenly everything can come crashing down. 🙁

rocketman 7/12/2019 - 9:44 am

Perhaps the world is too ugly for you? I made a move like your thinking and things got much better. Good luck,

Cause of Death: Suicide 7/12/2019 - 12:38 pm

Idk what you mean because you don’t even have to look at, be around and you will never know any of those people whom you “consider” normal. Everyone I see I think is “ugly” so I have stopped looking at them or putting attention to them. Just another dumb*ss. I think it’s funny to look at Abercrombie and Fitch models, to me those are some of the d*mn str8 ugliest people I have ever seen, but some little boy n little girl wanna be just like them when they get older.

SweetQuietus 7/12/2019 - 2:09 pm

Modern culture confuses the surface of a person for the person himself. It’s not just facial unattractiveness or deformity, but also excess weight, skin color, religion, sexual identity expression, etc.

Americans spend over $16 billion dollars on plastic surgery any given year.

People at work will take you for granted if you let them. There’s nothing wrong with pointing out how your efforts are benefiting the company and indicating you’d love some positive feedback to let you know that they notice.

SweetQuietus 7/12/2019 - 5:21 pm

Americans spend over $16 billion dollars on plastic surgery any given year.

Soda 7/13/2019 - 7:35 am

To add to SQ’s post above, it’s also the media which is constantly pumping out the message that if you don’t look like a supermodel then you’re a loser. That brainwashing translates into spiteful behaviour between people, esp if they’re younger.

Gone are the days when a man was respected for building character, a career, being well-read and intelligent or athletic. Frankly I still think good qualities will always be in demand but they are not appreciated by the media because we live in a capitalist economy and pretty faces move the most product.

I’ve been on both sides of the fence and when I was younger and fitter I did get more positive attention, unfortunately I failed to capitalize on what I had since I took it for granted but I was also depressed and insecure at the time.

Anyways I never put much stock in my looks from an early age and tended to focus on my education, sports and my personality. At this stage (in my mid-40s) I don’t care much about it. I’ve mostly come to terms with my looks and know there isn’t much I can do except get back in good physical shape and that’ll help. Otherwise I have bigger issues to deal with like career and getting a house down the road.

Superficial people are usual idiots and end up having unfulfilling lives because they don’t look much deeper than the exterior. What annoys me is when unattractive people think they have a right to pass judgment on other people’s looks, they need a reality check.