Home General Living an illusion

Living an illusion

by negar

I wonder …they say when you know you are responsible for your actions and there is no God to blame things will go better …in a world its people care about the consequences of their actions because others actions just affect them the same and that’s like a loop not because a God will revenge them but…for some reason I think I envy faithful people. ..I envy believing that there is sb who is the greatest and will protect you no matter what and he will know all about you without being worried he blame or judge you or leave you or feel bad about you .I think even if that God is an illusion it is much worthier than this real people because at least the imagination of its existence makes you hopeful … I sometimes really feel disappointed. ..this real people. ..this real world …maybe it doesn’t worth to keep being sane when it’s such an empty absurd thing this living …I think that I prefer to be a crazy person because that’s crazy what is surrounding me , this crazy people and this crazy world. ..in my crazy hallucinations at least there is a greater power that if nobody knows what is wrong he be aware and makes things ok when nobody else does that or can do that

-Have you ever had this feeling there are many parts of you, you could never show to anyone but you wished there was sb you could talk about them to him or her?( if you read this question plz answer it , it means a lot to me ok? I really like to know what you think)

Once 12/7/2019 - 12:24 pm

“god” absolves us of responsibility. Call it fate, karma, god, whatever you like.

It’s more practical for us as humans to avoid blame, fault, and responsibility by placing it on another party. It’s one of the things we do best. And where better to place responsibility for one’s life than upon a far away deity that is vaguely defined? Ok! We’re helpless because “god” has “willed this upon us”, so what are we supposed to do? Take responsibility for ourselves?? Come now. Don’t be so silly.

negar 12/7/2019 - 1:42 pm

I said myself one of the worst consequences of believing in a god is that we may stop feeling responsible for what is actually our responsibility but on the other hand imagine there are so many things we should not feel responsible for as we have no control on them then in these cases wweshoulf blame ourselves for what is not our fault ?
I agree with what you say but I also know that we ( I mean all humans ) are so limited … I just say if there’s no illusion of an omnipotence “God” who help us when there is nobody else and we can’t help ourselves too… It will feel like…the way we feel now , Helpless

Once 12/7/2019 - 2:56 pm

I wasn’t trying to be sarcastic, hope you didn’t take my comment that way.

Without the concept of an omnipotent god, I think humanity would really be confused. Maybe confused isn’t the best word. We’ve evolved to a point where we have a desire to sense a supernatural presence, “god”, and yes, without it that desire would guide us to some reasonable substitute, whatever form it would take.

When you consider all the energy we pour into our search for that special something that is bigger than us, I’d have to agree that we would be like fish out of water without our god-concept to turn to.

I think we create a lot of our own problems by believing that “god” is benevolent. Obviously our little brains are incapable of defining our source, and as a species we’re ashamed and afraid to admit that we just don’t know all the answers, so we’ve created religions that define “god” yet we’re baffled when “god” doesn’t behave the way we expect it to. Well, silly us.

I don’t know. I’m climbing up on my soap box now. Time for me to shut up.

negar 12/9/2019 - 11:34 am

No don’t say that
In fact I can say I agree with all what you said
The problem is we need that somebody and if not God play that somebody role we may start finding as you said equivalents to his majesty …
Maybe as you said there is a problem with the way we have evolved , a species which needs to rely on a greater power to protect it though this need of protection may be just an illusion
Thanks for answering my question 🙂

a1957 12/7/2019 - 3:32 pm

Excuse me while I put on the Nomex suit. Ok I’m good. Yes I really like the sb concept myself. I see the sb as already knowing all that pains me and so nothing i tell him will surprise him in the least and one day I will have no pain but plenty of days left.

negar 12/9/2019 - 11:38 am

Yes one of the best things about that sb/god concept is he knows everything
Well it can sometimes be bad but generally that is a lovely feature

Once 12/7/2019 - 3:42 pm

What is the sb concept? I Googled it and I don’t think you’re talking about “snap back.”

negar 12/9/2019 - 11:40 am

I thought maybe sb concept points to your comment when you said we will replace sb /sth as god …maybe I’m wrong
Oooops :/

rivets 12/7/2019 - 11:37 pm

I don’t know about the rest, but I refuse to worship any god that tells me he’s a cracker.

I don’t think any transient super being exists, to be honest. The closest thing you can encounter to a god would be nature itself – just imagine walking into a place that’s so teeming with life, everything around you breathing and moving. I used to get that sense in mangrove strands in Florida, and I can only imagine how much more oppressive the feeling must be in a proper jungle. Werner Herzog saw it as an evil thing (“The trees here are in misery, and the birds are in misery. I don’t think they – they sing. They just screech in pain. It’s an unfinished country. It’s still prehistorical. The only thing that is lacking is – is the dinosaurs here. It’s like a curse weighing on an entire landscape.”) but I feel that speaks more to the subjective nature of the experience of life itself. You can talk to that and it might screech back, but good luck understanding it.

Once 12/8/2019 - 2:04 am

Ahh. “Super being.” Interesting nomenclature, just another term for “god”, I suppose. Next year we’ll have a new term, and so it goes…

I think nature is where to look if you want to see life as it is intended to happen. Nature is life without human interference, and it’s quite different from what we expect “god” or sb or whombodyever to provide for us. Again, believing in a benevolent overseer is well…weird. In nature is seen the reality of the rules of life.

I believe in intelligent design and leave it at that. In my pea brain, there just has to be some kind of something that designed this system that seemingly builds and maintains itself. Praying to it and groveling before it and expecting things of it is great theater, but Red Box is definitely more fun. And you can earn free rentals with enough points, too – I don’t think SB has a rewards program, other than streets paved with gold, winged harp players and eternal happiness living in the clouds. How damp.

rivets 12/8/2019 - 2:08 am

If there is a god who created that thronging chaos of the natural world – the harmony of overwhelming and collective murder, as Herzog also described it – that god is just as vicious and uncivilized as we are bureaucratic and civilized. It’s hard to believe we might have anything in common with such a being.

postalservice 12/9/2019 - 1:07 am