Home General Honest Question

Honest Question

I know it’s a stale question a this point, but why do people use Facebook if they’re not even going to answer their messages? It’s like that one video with that homeless guy who talks about how dozens of old friends from high school hit HIM up and then not a one responded when he invited them to his birthday lol

But not even reading your messages? Just leaving them on read for days, weeks, even months? I just don’t get it

body bag 11/24/2020 - 8:00 am

I can only answer for myself, but in my case I have a lot of anxiety communicating with people. I can make a fb post or a tweet or even a video no problem because those things are like a stream of consciousness, no obligation to make sense or anything. When people start commenting it becomes a discussion, almost like standing in a crowd. Anyone who has social anxiety might get it. Even words on a screen can be invasive when people are talking to (talking AT) you. My advice would be to give them some leeway, and definitely don’t get angry at them or make assumptions just because they go silent.

Idfk anymore, I'm just here I guess 11/24/2020 - 4:55 pm

As much as I’d like to believe something like this…

Rainwatch 11/24/2020 - 10:12 am

I cant understood Facebook, completely alien to me, a game of oneupmanship, totally false. This site could perhaps be considered a form of social media but the difference is i can relate to the ppl and stories here!

postalservice 11/25/2020 - 8:52 am

it’s like a 2010 facebook – less dense/more words.

Once 11/24/2020 - 10:37 pm

I am a relic, I don’t use fb, but have watched cyberspace evolve into a communications medium in which not responding promptly or at all is acceptable. You can claim any number of reasons , and who is to prove otherwise? I love texting someone on Tuesday to see how their day is, and on Sunday, they text back “wow, didn’t see this.” Imagine if regular conversations had five day gaps? Jesus. Noone would get anything done, but because it’s cyberspace,

…I’ll be with you when I’m with you.

postalservice 11/25/2020 - 8:53 am

Youtube’s a phenomenon.
It’s the one thing that remains popular yet never changes.