Home General opinions?

opinions?

by just_a_person

I’ve got a question for ya’ll.

Is it selfish to want to just be done with all this shit and just end it…? Some people here are suicidal but some may think it’s selfish and some may think it isn’t, I want to know you’re opinion on the matter. For me personally, I don’t really think it is because all I want is to leave here on my own terms. Although I do know that it would hurt some people but every time a loved one or friend passes away, there would be grief no matter how it happened and it’s not like my friends and family haven’t experienced that kind of grief in their life times.

Jack 2/28/2021 - 8:31 pm

It’s not selfish in my opinion but it’s hard to overcome the survival instincts and the thoughts that you have when you think about suicide: is there an afterlife, will I be punished, am I punishing myself, is this the right choice, should I keep living, will my life get better, what will other people think about me, what if I’m doing it wrong, and so on.

blue_dude15 2/28/2021 - 9:44 pm

Hmm, I actually don`t know. I can see why people think it is selfish, but i can also see why people don`t think its selfish.

Idfk anymore, I'm just here I guess 2/28/2021 - 11:12 pm

God damn this question is stupid, I’m tired of hearing it

Abnormal.Thoughts 3/1/2021 - 8:58 am

There is a quote that I can never get quite right, it’s not selfish, it’s selfish of them to ask us to stay and suffer.

Once 3/1/2021 - 1:46 pm

I think it’s selfish, but I will always hold it as an option. If I had to go clean up a friend’s or siblings mess following their suicide, I’d be grumbling and angry about it long before I was able to empathize and understand. I had to clean up my dad’s “mess” when he died (natural causes, not suicide) and I was EXTREMELY angry – he was a hoarder for forty years, basically. I’m trying to structure a suicide plan that will leave the least amount of mess possible. I know my siblings, they’re judgmental, just like me, and so while I won’t be able to spare them any psychological pain, I can at least spare them weeks and weeks of picking up my trash. There might be an unselfish way to suicide, but I don’t know what it would involve. Maybe get rid of one hundred percent of your stuff, go into a deep dark forest, shoot yourself and let animals eat your corpse. Hmmmm…..hey yeah….

Jack 3/1/2021 - 3:32 pm

Your final sentence is interesting, it’s like you make yourself disappear similar to a magic trick only that this time you don’t come back. But if there are people alive that still remember you what will their minds be thinking about your disappearance?

skyler12 3/2/2021 - 8:01 pm

my opinion: suicide itself is not selfish, but leaving your responsibilities and obligations is. Think of it like moving to another country. If you abandon your kids and leave your job without returning the company laptop, you bet your ass its selfish. But if you have no kids, no obligations, and you make sure you’ve tied up all loose ends and fulfilled your obligations then no, it’s not selfish.