I have been feeling down lately and bottling things a lot. I did something I’ve never done before. I took a sheet of paper and wrote down the title “REASONS WHY YOU SUCK”. Unexpectedly I wrote it very quickly, listing it all in points.
Then I cried.
And calmed down after a few minutes. Then, I looked at the list I wrote. I started writing again beside the points– this time, arguing against it. This is the result.
REASONS WHY YOU SUCK
1. You fail at everything. (you scored A* in your Alevels, got scholarship to China, won best speaker award in CIMA, scored 100 in FM, the best Mandarin & Japanese speaker, succeeded riding a bicycle, got GPA 4, succeeded in opening a tuition place. AND THE 1 IN A THOUSAND person with BRAINS)
2. You don’t even have friends or family. (Your Mom lived for you. You had, you have friends, you just pushed them away)
3. No one wants to be with you. (Kenny did, people did, you just pushed them away)
4. No one can stand you. (Your Mom put up with you)
5. You can’t even control your emotions. (You’re just standing for what you believe in. It was your choice to let out your dislike.)
6. You always fail. (See no.1. That’s because you only focus on your failures)
7. You can always do better. (You already did the best! See no.1)
8. Your brains are useless and it makes no significance. (Bullshit, see up)
9. Your career suck. (You’ll ultimately find the path, keep learning)
10. You think people suck, so you suck. (People do suck)
11. You can’t even hook up a guy. (…cause you’re not feminine and you’re broke. But hey, your charm is your intelligence, hardwork and pride)
12. You are poor and will never earn good salary. (We’ll see about that)
13. Your skills are useless and no one needs it. (Sandy needs you and took you for Meow Image and CIMA)
14. You hate people, so you suck. (KEEP IT UP KEEP HATING THEY DESERVE IT)
15. You have a sucky past. (& beautiful stories too. Struggles are beautiful)
16. Your family don’t even love you. (Then how would you explain what your Mom has been doing?)
17. You are always an outsider. (NO, people are outsiders to YOU)
18. You are a crybaby. (Cause you are still a little girl)
…… if you were me, which one would you focus on? The bullet points, or the brackets beside it?