Home General Social anxiety

Social anxiety

by Abandoned

I just can’t do it anymore. I feel physically sick. I want to bawl. I can’t even do my job anymore.

Abnormal.Thoughts 12/9/2020 - 12:16 am

A job is just a job. Avoid the people as much as you can and don’t invest yourself in it. Just go on autopilot if you can. Hugs.

Abandoned 12/9/2020 - 12:18 am

Dude you know my job right? lol

Sometimes I don’t have a choice so I get hubby to but I feel bad about it AFTER feeling sick about the anxiety in the first place

Abnormal.Thoughts 12/9/2020 - 9:02 am

I know, you can’t avoid people all the time, but you don’t have to pretend to care, you don’t have to be rude either, just to the point and off again. I know you can’t always do that. I just make a practice of barely listening to the people I have to talk to. I get what they need and go. For those that won’t shut up I often just tune out whatever they’re talking about that isn’t relevant.

JudgeMeNot 12/9/2020 - 1:26 am

Auto pilot is more of an unnoticeable action. “Auto”
So perhaps pretend to care. Flip a second face and become a psychopath/ narcissist. Helps for me.

Abandoned 12/9/2020 - 7:36 am

Yeah, not my style, I’m not a dick.

Rainwatch 12/9/2020 - 10:16 am

You might grow out of Social Anxiety. Personally speaking i grew out of it at around 28. I always felt the need to “impress” others and i think thats what caused Social Anxiety, when i realized it was not my responsibility to ” impress” others things got better.

Abandoned 12/9/2020 - 11:57 am

yeah i think thats what started it. i tried doing some….not cbt but the other therapy, the one that was specifically made for BPD by someone with BPD (i think, that last part i cant remember for sure) anyway i was trying that being more positive and shit and all that did was make me critique every little thing about me making me feel like everyone judges me and now i wont hangout with anyone, the only person i talk to is my husband (online not included) and it fucking sucks. therapy caused my anxiety, just fucking awesome. i cant win can i? guess ill have another joint lol

Rainwatch 12/9/2020 - 12:29 pm

Yeah Therapy done fuck all for me,so you’ re not alone in that respect, the thing i mention about trying to impress others it can be puzzling but the way to impress someone is by NOT impressing them as paradoxical as it sounds, who the fuck are they that you have to impress them thats the best way to think and then the Social Anxiety reduces. I think i shall have a joint l8r too lol.

Abandoned 12/9/2020 - 12:35 pm

i mean yeah. im always telling others that all that matters is that you like it and your happy. as long as no one gets hurt do what you want (paraphrasing the wiccan rede)…..but idk….i just cant help but feel sick and get dizzy thinking everyone is judging me