Home General What We Are – Neutral

What We Are – Neutral

by SP Administrator

The Suicide Project is a neutral place to discuss your suicidal feelings, thoughts, and stories. We are “anti-suicide” insomuch as we don’t allow posting for suicide partners or specific suicide methods (so yeah, don’t do that). But that’s as far as things go in terms of that.

We prefer you come here to share your story about suicide — that’s what this site is about. Not to share your random observations on your life, the universe, etc. But we also understand sometimes those two things have to go hand in hand (and we allow for that).

It’s a dumb argument to get into, so don’t. Who cares what we are.

What matters is what you’re going to do with your life, your feelings, and whatever support you can find.

greenpea 12/8/2012 - 2:58 pm

I think it’s good you are neutral. Why is sp chat linked to suicide project for when it is not.?

greenpea 12/8/2012 - 3:01 pm

Look all i was trying to say is this is called suicide project. And this place is a safe place for people to talk. And alot of people who come have issus. This is not a place for censorship or dissemination. Like sp chat is. Ok i get it it if you trollin or bullying. But if some has a view that the sp guy dose not like then we are stoped from chating.

BlueberrySman 12/8/2012 - 3:45 pm

If you have a problem with the Samaritans or a suicide prevention hotline you can post here expressing your anger if you like, but the suicide project has nothing to do with them, just like how it has nothing to do SP chat. It is only called SP chat because it was started by users of this site, and its users are all people from this site.

Suicide Project Administrator 12/8/2012 - 4:15 pm

Because we don’t do chat, but if you do chat, that’s one chat to check out. It’s better than having the ad for it posted every day.

AtTheEnd 12/8/2012 - 4:22 pm

I agree with the SP Admin. PLEASE LISTEN. The chat link is on because as they say its easier than having an add for it every day. NOW the chat is not run by the SP Admins. So no they do not have to answer for it. Enter the chat at your own risk. The chat carries the name but is not an official part of the the original SP site. Also bad things and good things happen in that chat. Chat rooms are hard to control with so many people being able to instantly say what they want, so please don’t get mad if something goes down, you chose to enter it. If you didn’t like it, don’t go back, plain and simple. Apples c:

Dawg 12/8/2012 - 4:49 pm

FYI – the predominant reason for the chat was for the off topic interactions between users that were clogging up the forums – that’s it … through trial and error it has a basic set of rule that is complementary to the forum site … http://suicideproject.org/2012/09/sp-chat-rules/

… the admins/mods in chat are/were all long regular forum users – the last thing we want is to have to enforce rules – but if you can’t follow the basic rules and be respectful – they will – as was said above, if you don’t like the rules – you are free to use the entire rest of the interwebs however you like … the admins/mods are more than fair and give a lot of leeway – but if you want to start a revolution – go find the occupy website

bacon dawg

khajiit 12/8/2012 - 5:12 pm

@Dawg What happened today on Chat was anything but “fair” as you put it and disapproves your idea of all the moderators/admins being fair. I won’t argue, but I would like to point that out. If you disagree with me, I would like to know why. Perhaps you could PM or such. I am genuinely curious and I would like to listen to your side of the argument.

noom 12/8/2012 - 5:20 pm

Look the chat is for people who like having a natter about the weather over a cup of tea.Some like it some don’t.It’s alright if you can follow 10 conversations at once
and most regulars know each other

Andy2112 12/8/2012 - 7:48 pm

OP and subsequent commentary–good to know–thanks.

MGHOW 12/8/2012 - 8:59 pm

Well, then there was the time I was banned as I was complimenting a fellow chatter and saying I agree with his point (and I most certainly did).

Then I was banned.

But you saw that in real time, so you know.

[And at least half the time I got into arguments with people was where I was taking the ethical position against bullshit.]

Berryskillme 12/8/2012 - 10:35 pm

Bann people who vent. Why. Cause they ate they crazy thing. So just when there need to vent. suicide projoct dont ban sp dose. If your on suicide project and find sp cause your going to vent get it out then some one who stop’s you cause for what ever not right. D Little Black

Berryskillme 12/8/2012 - 10:36 pm

Greenpea to kiss

Berryskillme 12/8/2012 - 10:40 pm

People need to vent not dude who want’d power to stopyou sayin sp dose that. Get it

Donnie 12/8/2012 - 10:42 pm

Donnie aka green pea aka berry aka blackqwert

MGHOW 12/8/2012 - 11:14 pm

Very, very, very, very VERY much true.

In fact, if you’re expressing an unpopular view, being bullied by the room at large and most of the moderators is the norm.

Such is human nature.

ob1 12/9/2012 - 12:36 am

donnie, why so many names? you’re confusing me. 🙁 and you forgot dr dolittle. 😉

8532110 12/9/2012 - 2:28 am

Reading the comments, one would not have guessed what the original post contained.

noom 12/9/2012 - 5:34 am

Why so many names? Cos the cops know where he lives

strontium 12/9/2012 - 8:54 am

Actually you were banned MGHOW for asking a number of female members of the site if you could think of them whilst you did something that was inappropriate.

Also saying that women are some kind of habitually lying sub species is probably going to get a number of people taking on your point of view head on, especially the females in the room. That is the only unpopular viewpoint I am aware of from you.

strontium 12/9/2012 - 9:25 am

And for the record chat doesnt stop anyone from venting or talking about how they are feeling. We dont stop people discussing what they have been through. We do, like the forum, stop people asking for help on methods and we do stop people asking for partners.

We also stop endless debates on the rules or their application in open chat as it takes the room hostage and stops other people from being able to discuss their issues. Greenpeas was silenced for not dropping the issue after it had been asked and answered three times, the silencing lasted 5 minutes.

Donnie the only times you have been banned is for telling people to die, so for you have done that 3 times.

greenpea 12/9/2012 - 10:50 am

I never told no body ever to die on sp chat. I was silenced yesterday for no real reason. The point i was making after strontium said this is a anti suicide room was you should not pro or anti suicide. It’s called sp chat. And all the people on it are from suicide project.? So why the hell advertising here on suicide project all the time. What kind of people are you going to get.?
I’m not pro or anti. I would try to talk a teen who lost they boy/girl friend out of it.
But some one with a mental illness
who has no hope of having a normal life who want to talk about finding a painless method instead
of juming in front of a train. What i’m saying it’s called sp chat right. And you do your avertising here suicide project right. What kind of people are you going to get suicidal one’s. And what are we going to talk about suicide maybe.? Then you like no your not aloud to talk about method’s or anything.
change the name to anti suicide chat. And stop advertising here. Take down the link.

Duke of Marmalade 12/9/2012 - 11:16 am

@ Administrator

You have explained the reason this site was established pretty well. There’s no problem there.

But you can’t then go on to say that the chat site is nothing to do with the main site when it’s called ‘SP Chat’ is featured on the main page as a link, has a set of rules published on the main page and is moderated by the same people. That’s different than a website that puts up a link to a completely unrelated site and then a desclaimer saying we aren’t responsible for the content. Should read the small print SP users.

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 11:23 am

Yeh…and the Duke should know!!! Hey Duke…how are ya? Tell em about the small print again eh?…hahaha

Love ya
Ama

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 12:10 pm

No disrespect Donnie…but what I really can’t stand about chat is the fact that people come back here to ***** about it. Take up valuable space in the posts and comments page…and come here to fight about what happened over there…so to say. I could cite numerous examples in the recent past and they weren’t you…so I am not pointing fingers…but

If the chat site is no good…don’t go there…but why you gotta bring the shit back here? This is helping no one…not even you…so why?

I don’t know you Donnie…atleast I don’t think I do….stoopid old woman am I…hahaha…so please don’t take this comment personally…it is not meant to be personal…you just happen to have posted while I’m angsting out about it…hahaha

Seriously…chat…good
…forum…good

mixture…not so good

Peace
Amakua

strontium 12/9/2012 - 12:41 pm

Well there is a caveat on the link that SP Admin posted for the chatroom that says:

Do not complain on SP if you have a problem in chat. We do not have a “complaints” department.

People don’t seem to follow that one for some reason.

Donnie seems to be of the belief that he can discuss methods on the forum and it is one of his objections to chat that he can’t ask advice on methods there.. Even though SP Admin has clearly stated in this post that discussing methods in depth is not allowed… we simply instigate the same rule. The chatroom is not advertised as a suicide chat room, it is only a chatroom for people who come to the forum and we generally apply the same rules. We have had to develop others because some people seem to inherently manage to not be nice to each other so we had to spell out some things that won’t be tolerated.

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 1:04 pm

Hey strontium,

I appreciate the info…but what I find disturbing…by commenting like I did…I did what I was bitching about…hahaha

I have been watching Donnie in all his disguises for…well forever…so I really wasn’t slamming the chat…I know he can get silly sometimes…I know I can…I just don’t want to keep hearing about it…hahaha…and now I’m prolonging my own agony again…aha

Peace
Ama

strontium 12/9/2012 - 1:08 pm

Sorry I only feel I need to comment when people are making statements about chat that are disingenuous and blatantly only one side of the story. I just try and make it fair by putting the other side of what was perceived to happen. I do try not to get into debates about it on here though as you will notice i haven’t really come back on any of the comments that were made after my original retort.

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 1:25 pm

Strontium…just yanking your chain…and poking fun at myself. But yeah…kinda like separation of church and state…kinda hard to see the line sometimes. And I’m doing it again. You don’t need to explain yourself to the likes of me…you’re not pissing me off…yet…hahaha

Seriously…keep up the good work eh? Still a little freaked about the post I reported last weekend…I think I need another shrink…hahaha

No worries
Ama

strontium 12/9/2012 - 1:31 pm

Yeah i left that post to be decided on by those above my pay grade and I see it stayed.

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 1:36 pm

Strontium…you need to demand more cheese…hahaha…time for a raise. But did you hear what happened in Canada that weekend?

Ama

Duke of Marmalade 12/9/2012 - 1:45 pm

@ Amakua

Da mihi factum, dabo tibi ius

strontium 12/9/2012 - 1:48 pm

No I didnt, we dont get much news on canada here

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 2:00 pm

@Duke….exactly…but you already know the facts now don’t you? So…bring on the law eh?…hahaha

Personally I don’t know anything about the chat site…don’t really want to at this time…not to my taste currently. But then….de gustibus non est disputandum…hahaha Pardon my Latin…high school was a million light years ago…vene, vidi, vici aha

@ Strontium….they discovered the bodies of 3 young children…2, 4 and 5…and the mother survived. She has been charged with 3 counts of murder I believe. But OMG…too close to home…kinda makes me wonder eh?

Ama

strontium 12/9/2012 - 2:07 pm

DO you know their name at all?

BlueberrySman 12/9/2012 - 2:09 pm

Surname Blanchette, Lorelie,5, Loic, 4 and Anais, 2.

strontium 12/9/2012 - 2:13 pm

Pretty sure it wasnt the same one, but who knows

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 2:35 pm

That’s kinda my point strontium…who knows eh? Kinda bizzare coincidence…but life is full of em…just made it even harder to deal with my feelings about the post itself…started to think about doing something stupid…like leaving…but only for a moment. I can’t be responsible for anyone other than myself…and I can’t change anyone…but if I could…I’d start with me. So there is the truth…I’m here for me…it’s all about me…hahaha

Peace
Ama

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 2:38 pm

@BlueberrySman…are you Canadian too? I know it is more than likely not the same case…and I’m gonna keep telling myself that too…sorry. Besides…didn’t the poster speak Spanish? And am assuming that Blanchette is French. That’s my logic…I have to live with it. No matter what…this was a heartbreaker in Drummondville…and I feel most sorry for the grandmother.

Peace
Ama

Dawg 12/9/2012 - 2:46 pm

“I can’t be responsible for anyone other than myself…and I can’t change anyone…but if I could…I’d start with me. So there is the truth…I’m here for me…it’s all about me…”

Wiser words were never typed – be who you want and can be … not who your were.

🙂 dawg

BlueberrySman 12/9/2012 - 2:47 pm

No I am Irish. and i am pretty sure her and her whole family where canadian, and yes the poster did speak in spanish. It is very very unlikely that you were talking with the same person. 1 in 7 billion after all.

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 2:52 pm

Hey Dawg,

That’s what I intend to keep on doing…hahaha…I am a work in progress…never have denied that eh? Nice to see you still got “your” stick on the ice. Hope everything is going okay for you sir.

Love ya
Ama

Amakua2309 12/9/2012 - 2:54 pm

Hey BlueberrySman…that’s what I’m counting on…but a tragedy in both cases no matter what. And today is another day…I just hope it’s a good long while before I have to see another post like that one…truth. Irish eh? Got a bit of that in me as well…but Canadian nonetheless…and yes they were from Quebec.

Peace