Home General Is Cold Down Here

Is Cold Down Here

by ravingbean

At the bottom of the pit. I wish there was a way I could pull myself out. It feels so hopeless. Please help me.

Tellmewhy 11/16/2018 - 2:42 pm

Is there anything l can do?

ravingbean 11/16/2018 - 2:55 pm

I wish you could reach down and pull me up.

Tellmewhy 11/16/2018 - 2:57 pm

Yeah but how?

Rainwatch 11/16/2018 - 2:59 pm

So relateable! I’m at the bottom of the pit as well.

Tellmewhy 11/16/2018 - 3:21 pm

I ask the same: can l help with something?

Once 11/16/2018 - 5:10 pm

The shitty reality is that none of us can pull you out. That would be great, then we could all pull each other out. I can offer a view from the pit myself, though, which I know is trite and irrelevant, but at least sometimes knowing others hope for help being pulled out of the pit makes the depth just a bit more tolerable. That’s a lot of mumbo jumbo hot air psychobabble, I know. It does you no good right now, today, but it’s all I have to offer – I (we) have our pits, and they’re evil places. Sorry life sucks for you.

ravingbean 11/16/2018 - 8:12 pm

@once your words help me, for what it’s worth. I sometimes think that, at least symbolically we can and do pull each other up. That’s one of the reasons I come to this page. So thank you.

eternaldarkness 11/16/2018 - 8:08 pm

We are all in our own dark, cold, lonely pits here.

heartlessviking 11/17/2018 - 2:26 pm

What can I give you? Advice maybe:

make peace with the pit. make friends with the cold, get comfortable in the dark.

This is a dark and lonely place, and i’ve been here off and on for nine years. It doesn’t get power over you if it doesn’t scare you. The pit is a test, though whoever wrote it is a sadistic bastard, the only way out is to survive. The way out will show up if you keep looking.

Fuck I hate the pit. I hate the world outside the pit more though, all the more for me being in the pit and them not understanding what the pit is, why it is there. you’re enough though, so am I, so is everyone. We’re humans, the greatest adaptive species the planet has ever seen. A human adapts and so rises above the situation.

hope that’s meaningful or helpful.