Me and my boyfriend share two cats. One is almost two years old, the other is probably almost a year. Neither of them are neutered. I’d like to get them neutered but since they’re my boyfriend’s cats as well as mine, he doesn’t want to get them neutered because it’s “evil” and I don’t think it’s worth a fight so I just let him be ignorant. He doesn’t listen to reason, I’ve tried to explain the benefits of neutering like a hundred times but he still insists that it’s evil. So basically I’m just here to rant about it a little.
I just don’t get what’s so evil about spaying or neutering an animal. He also thinks it’s evil for cats to be inside only. He thinks it’s evil to not let them be able to go in and out as they please.
Pros of spay and neuter:
1. Eliminates the risk of ovarian cysts, uterine infections and cancer of the reproductive tract.
2. Reduces the need to roam and escape. The cat is less likely to be gone for days on end, and coming back with scars, fleas, and diseases. (Boyfriend: But it’s evil to not let cats do what is natural for them!)
3. Eliminates risk of cat STDs.
4. Helps with overpopulation. When you breed your cat, you’re basically giving a death sentence for the kittens and cats stuck in a pound. (Boyfriend: If everyone keeps neutering their cats, they will go extinct!)
5. Cats no longer go into heat, and drastically reduces risks of spraying, begging to be let out, etc.
Pros of keeping a cat inside only:
1. No fleas!
2. No chance for cat to get lost or stolen.
3. Cat won’t have a chance to get hit by cars.
4. No chance of someone mistreating or abusing your cat.
5. Predators, such as owls and crazy dogs won’t get the chance to attack your pet.
6. Cat won’t get into fights with other cats.
7. Most diseases are eliminated, such as rabies.
8. Inside only cats live longer then outdoor cats and inside/outside cats.
9. You know EXACTLY what your cat is eating. It’s likely not to get food poisoning.
How is any of this evil?
I think it’s evil to NOT neuter your cat. He thinks that neutering is “playing god” but he is 100% for abortions and birth control for humans. I think he’s the evil one. He complains about our male cat always being gone, yet does nothing about it. It could EASILY be fixed. He’s going to be pissed when our female gets pregnant. But it’s his fault.